The 2015 Houston Texans Cheerleaders Tryouts are Saturday, March 28! Get the opportunity to perform on national television, travel the world, and more. Tryouts are free and you have nothing to lose!
Click the link for complete info to register - http://www.houstontexans.com/cheerleaders/tryouts/2015.html
The all new Houston Texans Kids Triathlon presented by Texas Children’s Hospital is April 19. Space is limited and this event will sell out, so register your kids today by clicking on this link - http://www.houstontexans.com/kids/triathlon/home.html
PLAY 60 GRANTS
Does your school need gym or playground equipment? Maybe even a refurbished track? Your school can apply now to receive a PLAY 60 grant from the Houston Texans! All requests must be submitted by October 15. See below for more information.
What is PLAY 60?
PLAY 60 is the National Football League's campaign to encourage kids to be active for 60 minutes a day in order to help reverse the trend of childhood obesity. To ensure that our schools have the right tools to integrate healthy activity into the school day, the Houston Texans are proud to award PLAY 60 grants to Houston-area schools in need of additional funding. These grants are designed to supply schools with equipment for the playground or gym that will help facilitate PE or after-school programs, field or gym additions, or another project that will help get kids moving.
PLAY 60 Grant Requirements
The PLAY 60 grant opportunity is open to schools located in the Greater Houston area including public, private and charter schools.
• Each school can submit a formal funding request for up to $10,000. The request may be no longer than 500 words and must include the following:
• Details on how the grant will be used
• Estimated number of youth that will benefit from the grant
• Demographic information about the school
• Provide a detailed spending budget for how funds will be used
• Attach a copy of the school’s 501(c)(3) determination letter
• Grant must be submitted by the school principal. Please provide contact information including: Name, position, school address, contact number and email.
• Examples of projects include new P.E. or playground equipment for schools or after-school programs or a new track or field.
PLAY 60 Grants Timeline:
• First day to submit grant applications - August 25, 2014
• Last day to submit grant applications - October 15, 2014
• Notification to grant recipients - November 3, 2014
• Disbursement of grant funds - March 2015
• Funds must be used by - September 2015
**Please submit all grant requests to email@example.com by October 15, 2014.
If selected, your school will be required to submit a grant evaluation form after funds have been allocated.