Houston Texans Bull Pen
The Houston Texans are excited about our avid fan section, the Bull Pen. The Bull Pen is located in the north end zone of Reliant Stadium where our most staunch supporters gather on game day to cheer on their favorite team – the Houston Texans!
The fans in the Bull Pen interact directly with the action on the field. Bull Pen members have helped create and implement fan traditions, songs, chants and other elements of the game day experience that will one day foster the best atmosphere and the most daunting homefield advantage in the National Football League. The Bull Pen is also the home of the Texans Bull Pen Pep Band, which adds to the atmosphere, excitement and energy of the game.
Obnoxious behavior will not be tolerated anywhere in Reliant Stadium. However, fans within the Bull Pen are encouraged to stand throughout the game, sing, cheer and otherwise support the team in an enthusiastic manner, and therefore this section may not be a good fit for children or families.
The Bull Pen has started many traditions over the years and encourages all fans to participate in the following traditions
- Shouting Texans players’ last names during team introductions
- Cheering “Houston...Texans!” after player introductions
- Holding up giant Texans jerseys while the visiting team’s players are announced
- Turning their backs on the opposing team after they score
- Gathering as a group for tailgating in the NW corner of the Platinum Lot at the “Blue Crew” tailgate and conducting the Bull Pen Toast every game approximately an hour and a half prior to kickoff
- Walking in the HEB Holiday Parade on Thanksgiving Day
- Visiting the Bull Pen Pub for TORO Wraps, cheerleader autographs and to listen and dance with the Bull Pen Pep Band
Bull Pen Committee:
A small group of Bull Pen members meet with the Houston Texans staff on a regular basis to talk about how to maximize the overall game experience for everyone. Members brainstorm on how to start traditions and how to spread the word to all of Sections 116 and 117. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please click here
If you are currently sitting in the Bull Pen and would like to receive specific Bull Pen correspondence, please click here to update your contact information.
Texans theme song by Clay Walker (lyrics)
Ultimate Sports Road Trippers Review
Miller Lite Bull Pen Party Deck
The Miller Lite Bull Pen Party Deck is located on the north field level concourse behind sections 116 and 117. The Miller Lite Bull Pen Party Deck is open to all ticket holders and features a bar, LIVE DJ, appearances from the Houston Texans Cheerleaders and the Miller Lite girls. The Party Deck also includes twenty (20) 50” flat screen TV’s with Direct TV access so fans can enjoy other NFL games from around the league.
Bull Pen Pep Band
The Houston Texans Bull Pen Pep Band is a fun, entertaining 45-member musical group that performs at all Houston Texans home games and various other marketing, promotional and community outreach events sponsored by the Texans throughout the year. Members possess a strong musical background, creativity, passion for football, minimum of 4 years of marching/jazz/professional band experience and they must be able to fulfill a part-time commitment to perform at all Texans home games and various events in the community and to attend regular band rehearsals. The instrumentation in the Pep Band consists of a Brass Line, Drum Line and Combo Group.
See the faces of the Bull Pen Pep Band! (PDF)
The Pep Band first performed in April 2003 at the Draft Day Event. Since then the group can be seen around town at various Texans events. On game day, the band has established many of it's own traditions and can be seen throughout the day at many locations:
- 3-4 hours prior to kickoff you will find them marching in the parking lots with the tailgaters
- 1 hour prior to kick-off they assemble in Budweiser Plaza for a 15 minute performance
- 45 minutes before kick-off they march with the Bull Pen into the stadium and into their seats in the Bull Pen
- Between the first and second and third and fourth quarter breaks
- Various other Time Outs they perform
- After the game is over, the band has started performing what we call the 5th Quarter where they march through the Main Concourse playing songs with a huge group of fans that march and dance along with them.
- Occasionally, the Pep Band will perform during the pre-game or half-time entertainment of the game.