It was Fan Appreciation Day at Reliant Stadium for the final home game of the 2013 season.
- The national anthem was sung by Sara Beth Swagerty, who won a fan competition on social media called #Texansfanthem.
- 60,000 copies of
- Comedienne Jenny Johnson was seen talking with General Manager Rick Smith before the game. She was wearing Texans gear.
- Rapper and Texans supporter Bun-B was also on the sideline.
- Toro arrived in a sled.
The Texans lost 37-13 to Denver, but there were some positives from the game.
- Houston’s defense recorded a season-high nine passes defensed.
- The Texans became the first team to stop Denver on a fourth-down conversion attempt this season. In the first quarter,
- Tight end
- In the third quarter, the Texans outgained Denver 115-28 in the third quarter. The Broncos converted just one 1st down.- After the game, Andre Johnson and Peyton Manning congratulated each other on the records they set during the game, Johnson to Manning for the 51 touchdowns and Manning to Johnson for the 100-catch season.