Some Week 14 observations from Thursday night’s 27-20 loss to Jacksonville:
- Before kickoff, a moment of silence was observed for the passing of Nelson Mandela.
- Jaguar mascot Jaxson de Ville entered EverBank Stadium via zipline.
- At halftime, stadium lights were turned off for a laser light show.
- Official attendance announced was 60,414, but several upper level sections were tarped off because of lagging ticket sales.
- Some companies allowed employees to leave workas early as 3 p.m. to tailgate and attend the game.
- On Twitter, #beardedSchaub was trending among Texans tweets.
- This loss may hurt the most since the St. Louis Rams game. Find out why in Vandermeer's View.