USA Football has selected Houston Texans running back
USA Football’s All-Fundamentals Team recognizes NFL players at each offensive and defensive position as well as four special teams positions. Employing proper technique, particularly when blocking and tackling, fosters better on-field performance and inherent safety benefits.
Great vision helps Foster rip off big gains. His ability to follow his blocks and hold on to the ball properly has earned him a place on the All-Fundamentals Team roster.
USA Football, the sport’s national governing body in the United States, is the official youth football development partner of the Texans, the NFL and each of the league’s other 31 teams.
Each player chosen for the All-Fundamentals Team will receive a $1,500 equipment grant from USA Football to donate to the youth or high school football program of his choice. USA Football also will present selected players with a custom-made Riddell helmet trophy.
Employing core football fundamentals advances a youth player’s performance and safety, particularly in the areas of blocking and tackling. USA Football has educated more than 75,000 youth football coaches in all 50 states and Washington, D.C., through its online courses and single-day coaching clinics since 2006. Approximately 3 million American children age 6-14 play organized tackle football, placing it among the country’s most popular youth sports.
The USA Football All-Fundamentals Team was assembled by a five-person selection committee:
• CHARLES DAVIS, USA Football spokesperson, football analyst for NFL Network and FOX Sports
• HERM EDWARDS, ESPN NFL analyst and former NFL head coach
• MERRIL HOGE, USA Football board member, ESPN NFL analyst and former NFL running back
• JIM MORA, USA Football Tackle Advisory Committee member, former Falcons and Seahawks head coach
• CARL PETERSON, USA Football chairman, former NFL team executive and assistant coach