KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 17, HOUSTON TEXANS 16
Sunday, Oct. 20, 2013
TEXANS TEAM NOTES
• The loss drops Houston to 2-5 on the season, having dropped the last five consecutive games.
• Houston falls to 3-3 all-time against the Chiefs and 1-1 at Arrowhead Stadium.
• The Texans defense gave up over 300 yards of offense for the first time this season, ending a seven game streak dating back to the 2012 season.
• Houston won the turnover battle for the first time this season.
• The Texans forced two three-and-outs in 11 defensive series. Houston entered the game with the second-highest percentage of three-and outs and has now forced 23 three-and-outs in 75 defensive series (30.7 percent) this season.
• The Chiefs won the toss and elected to receive.
• Houston’s first quarter scoring drive spanned 27 yards on 10 plays and lasted 4:55, capped by a 48-yard field by
• Houston’s second quarter scoring drive spanned 81 yards on 5 plays and lasted 2:49, capped by a 29-yard touchdown pass from Keenum to Hopkins. It was the third-longest scoring drive of the season.
• Houston’s first third quarter scoring drive spanned 25 yards on five plays and lasted 2:07, capped by a 21-yard Bullock field goal.
• Houston’s second third quarter scoring drive spanned 51 yards on five plays and lasted 1:46, capped by a 47-yard Bullock field goal.
INDIVIDUAL PLAYER NOTES:
• K Randy Bullock connected on all three field goal attempts, a 48-yard field goal to cap the Texans opening drive and 21- and 47-yard field goals in the third quarter.
• WR Andre Johnson extended his streak of consecutive games played with a reception to 108 and his franchise record or games played to 145. Johnson led Texans receivers with four receptions for 89 yards.
• Johnson passed Jimmy Smith (862) into sole possession of 16th place on the NFL’s all-time receptions list. Johnson now has 864 receptions for his career.
• Johnson passed Don Maynard (11,834) to moving into 22nd place on the NFL’s all-time receiving list on a 42-yard reception from Keenum in the third quarter, tied for the longest pass-play by the Texans in 2013.
• Keenum completed his first pass attempt, a 10-yard completion to Andre Johnson for a first down.
• Keenum threw the first touchdown pass of his NFL career on a 29-yard completion to Hopkins to start the second quarter.
• Keenum’s 271 yards passing are the most ever by a Texans quarterback in their first start with the team.
• P Shane Lechler punted five times for a 49.8 yard average, including a long of 58, with three punts being downed inside the 20.
• DE J.J. Watt sacked Alex Smith for a 3-yard loss, giving him 4.5 sacks on the season and 30.5 for his career, tied with Mario Williams for the most sacks by a Texan through their first three seasons with the club.
• Watt tied for the team lead with six solo tackles and also forced a Jamal Charles fumble in the third quarter that led to a Texans field goal.