Quick notes from his arrival day in Houston:
1. Warm welcome: Hopkins flew in from Central, S.C., with his mother, Sabrina Greenlee. It was the first trip to Houston for both of them. "As soon as I got off the plane, I was greeted by fans, so I know it’s a love city,” Hopkins said. “I can see that excitement from the beginning."
2. Number 10: Hopkins will wear number 10 with the Texans. He posed with his jersey during a photo op in the Texans’ locker room, where his new locker is situated right next to
3. Teammate love: Hopkins said he got text messages from Texans quarterback
5. Tight family: Hopkins’s mother was the victim of a life-altering violent attack in 2002. “I love her more than any other woman,” he said during his introductory press conference. “We’ve been through a lot.”
6. Relentless: Hopkins, asked to describe himself in one word: "It would be 'relentless,’ because I play with an edge and I feel like I'm relentless out there on the field."
7. Willing blocker: Hopkins doesn't shy away from contact in the running game. "With a great running back like Arian (Foster), I have to be downfield blocking to make his runs longer," he said. "He’s gonna get in open space, and I’ll have to try to be able to help him out.”