1. Underclassman trend: Hopkins, an early-entry junior, is the fourth consecutive underclassman drafted by the Texans in the first round (
2. Career stats: Hopkins in three seasons at Clemson: 39 games (32 starts), 206 catches (second in school history), 3,020 yards (first), 27 touchdowns (first). He had an ACC-record 18 touchdowns in 2012.
3. Getting offensive: Hopkins is the first wide receiver drafted by the Texans in the first round since
4. Hotel non-issue: Hopkins was recently accused of leaving behind a trashed hotel room at the NFL Scouting Combine. Offensive coordinator Rick Dennison said the Texans looked into it “enough to know it was a non-issue.” Dennison said wide receivers coach Larry Kirksey and the Texans’ security team checked it out and "feel real comfortable about the kid and his background and everything that he’s done at Clemson.”
6. Nukdabomb: Hopkins’ nickname is “Nuk”. It comes from his preferred brand of pacifiers as a baby. “When I was young, my mother said that’s the only brand of pacifier I would suck on,” he said.
7. HS stats: As a defensive back in high school, Hopkins had 28 interceptions and returned five for touchdowns. He had 57 catches for 1,266 yards and 18 touchdowns on offense.