SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS 34
Sunday, Oct. 6, 2013
1 2 3 4 T
San Francisco 49ers 14 7 3 10 34
Houston Texans 0 0 3 0 3
TEXANS TEAM NOTES
- Moved to 2-3 on the season and 1-2 all-time against San Francisco with the loss.
- Fell to 2-5 all-time on Sunday Night and 1-2 under Head Coach Gary Kubiak.
- Outgained the 49ers 313-284 and won the time of possession 33:52-26:08.
- Defense held opponents to under 200 yards passing for the fifth consecutive game.
- Failed to score a touchdown for the second time this season and 12th time in franchise history
- Had the second lowest point total in franchise history, scoring 3 points six other times, most recently at Tampa Bay on Dec. 14, 2003.
- Won the toss and elected to receive.
- Houston’s captains for the game were ILB
Brian Cushing, WR Andre Johnson, P Shane Lechler, QB Matt Schauband DE J.J. Watt.
- Inactive players for the Texans were QB
Case Keenum, WR Lestar Jean, ILB Tim Dobbins, T Andrew Gardner, G Brandon Brooks, OLB Sam Montgomeryand DE Tim Jamison.
- Houston’s third-quarter scoring drive spanned 43 yards on 7 plays and lasted 2:36, capped by a 41-yard field goal by Bullock.
INDIVIDUAL PLAYER NOTES
Randy Bullockconnected on a 41-yard field goal in the third quarter.
Jared Crickhad a career-high two passes defensed
- ILB Brian Cushing led the team in tackles with six (five solo)
Owen Danielscaught a pass in his 88th consecutive regular season game on a 10-yard pass in the first quarter.
- Daniels, playing in his 100th career game, had six receptions for 60 yards.
Arian Fosterhad 21 rushes for 98 yards, including a long of 16 yards.
- WR Andre Johnson extended his streak of consecutive games played with a reception to 106 and his franchise record or games played to 144.
- Johnson had three receptions for 39 yards, including a long of 19.
Shiloh Keohad his first punt return of the season in the second quarter and returned it 9 yards.
Keshawn Martinhad five kick returns for 120 yards, including a long of 49, the longest by a Texan this season.
- Martin’s 14-yard reception in the first quarter set a career-high mark for yards receiving in a season from 2012 when he had 10 receptions for 85 yards. Martin now has six receptions for 92 yards this season.
Whitney Mercilussacked Collin Kaepernick for a 6-yard loss in the third quarter, bringing him to 4.5 sacks on the season, leading the Texans in 2013.
Cody Whitemade his NFL and Texans debut on the first quarter field goal attempt.
- The attendance for the game was 69,732.