HOUSTON – The Houston Texans will donate 100 percent of the proceeds of the silent auction held at this evening’s 2013 Draft Party presented by Coors Light to the West, Texas Recovery Fund established by The United Ways of Texas, the team announced today. The auction will be located behind Section 339 in the Verizon East Club.
The Draft Party is a free, ticketed event and is sold out. More than 7,000 Texans fans are expected to attend this evening’s festivities, which include Houston Texans players and Texans Ambassadors on hand to sign autographs throughout the event. Texans fans can also get their first glimpse of the 2013 Houston Texans Cheerleaders when the squad makes its debut performance at the event.
NFL Network’s draft coverage will be shown on the HD televisions throughout the Verizon East and West Clubs. Texans Radio on SportsRadio 610 will broadcast live from the Verizon East Club, with commentary and analysis from “The Voice of the Texans,” Marc Vandermeer, and a number of special guests. When the Texans make their first-round pick, fans at the Draft Party will hear from the player first as part of Texans Radio’s live broadcast.
Among the items available at the auction are:
- Encased NFL 2013 Draft Helmet to be autographed by Texans #1 Draft Pick
- Encased Texans Replica Helmet autographed by 2012 NFL Defensive Player of the Year JJ Watt
- Offensive Stars Autographed and Framed Photo Collage
- Encased Authentic NFL Football Autographed by Defensive Stars: JJ Watt, Brian Cushing and
- Opportunity for four (4) fans to experience pre-game intros from the Texans tunnel at the Texans’ first home game against the Tennessee Titans on September 15, 2013
- Defensive Stars Autographed and Framed Photo Collage