A native of Spokane, Wash., Braman answered 10 questions for HoustonTexans.com after practice on Thursday afternoon.
1. How do you feel like training camp has gone for you?
“I’m just working on getting better every day, coming out here and making sure that I perform the way that the coaches want me to. “
2. What’s the main thing your coaches have been working on with you?
“Just making sure that I finish, working hard every day, coming out to practice and having good practices. Basically, just practicing the way I want to play in the game. “
3. Can you talk a little bit about your relationship with defensive assistant Bobby King?
“He was my defensive line coach my first year at West Texas A&M and he was the one that recruited me from Long Beach City College, where I had attended and played football for the ‘07 and ‘08 seasons. He’s been under Wade Phillips after my ‘08 season with West Texas and we’ve just been in contact as friends since then, and he’s basically the main reason why I’m here because he was a big part of standing up for me as far as character quality and stuff like that and what kind of athlete I am and my work ethic and stuff.”
4. Who have you been hanging out with the most during camp?
5. What do you feel like you can do on Saturday night to follow up on Monday’s game?
“Well, there’s always room for improvement. It doesn’t matter how well you perform, there’s always something that you can improve on, and this week has been a lot of time in film making sure that I know what I need to improve on and what I need to work on before Saturday night’s game. And hopefully, I’ll be able to go out there and do the same thing that I did on Monday night, so that way people don’t think that it was just kind of a fluke thing.”
6. What is the proudest moment of your football career?
“Getting a shot to play for an NFL team.”
7. What are you hobbies?
8. What kind of music is on your iPod?
“There’s a lot of rap, hip-hop, lot of R&B, slow jams and stuff like that. It’s a big mix – rock and classical music and stuff like that. It just kind of depends on what mood I’m in.”
9. What excited you the most about playing with the Texans this year?
“Just the fact that I’m able to continue my career playing football. There was a time where I didn’t think I was going to be able to, so it’s just a lot of fun to come out here on the gridiron every day.”
10. What is your favorite thing about Houston so far?
“Well, it’s not the heat, I’ll tell you that much. The humidity is kind of ridiculous, but again, it just goes back to being able to play football down here, doing what I love to do.”