• Sat., Dec. 03, 2016 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM CST Houston Super Bowl Host Committee Touchdown Tour

The Touchdown Tour is the Houston Super Bowl Host Committee’s traveling celebration of
    football. It will travel all over Houston throughout the fall, raising awareness and excitement in
    the community for Super Bowl LI, which will be played at NRG Stadium on Feb. 5, 2017.
    The Touchdown Tour will have a wide variety of games, many exhibits, appearances, food and fun for
    people of all ages. The Tour will run from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at every stop on its tour around the
    city. Every stop on the Touchdown Tour is free to the public and everyone is encouraged to
    celebrate the city, football and Super Bowl LI with the Host Committee.

Houston Texans Cheerleaders will be in attendance at each tour from 11am - 1pm, and TORO will be on occasion as well.

Touchdown Tour Schedule Dates
    All events will be scheduled from 10A – 2P

Date                            Location                                Address
    Oct. 8                          Mason Park                            75th and Tipps Houston, TX 77023
    Oct. 15                        Sylvester Turner Park             2800 West Little York Houston, TX 77091
    Oct. 22                        MacGregor Park                      5225 Calhoun, Houston, TX 77021
    Oct. 29                        Sunnyside Park                      3502 Bellfort, Houston, TX 77051
    Nov. 5                         Agnes Moffitt Park                  10645 Hammerly Houston, TX 77043
    Nov. 12                       Finnigan Park                         4900 Providence, Houston, TX 77020
    Nov. 19                       Kingwood High School             2701 Kingwood Drive, Kingwood, TX 77339
    Dec. 3                         Moody Park                            3725 Fulton, Houston, TX 77009

Dec. 10                      Blueridge Park                         5600 Court Road Houston, TX 77053
    Jan. 7                        Burnett Bayland Park                6000 Chimney Rock Houston, TX 77081
    Jan. 14                      Alief Community Park               11903 Bellaire Blvd. Houston, TX 77072

• Sat., Dec. 03, 2016 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM CST Texans Extra Points

Tune into KTRK ABC 13 in Houston (or check local listings across Texas) each Saturday at 6:30 PM for this weekly in-season Houston Texans show that previews the upcoming Texans game in-depth with special guests and is hosted by Drew Dougherty from Texans TV.

Broadcast Schedule - http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/broadcasting/broadcast-network.html

• Sat., Dec. 03, 2016 11:00 PM - 11:30 PM CST Texans Buzz

Tune into KTRK ABC 13 in Houston (or check local listings across Texas) each Saturday during the regular season at 11 PM for this  show that goes 1-on-1 with Texans players to get to know them on a personal basis and is hosted by Voice of the Houston Texans Marc Vandermeer and Texans Insider Deepi Sidhu.

• Sun., Dec. 04, 2016 10:35 PM - 11:05 PM CST Houston Texans Inside the Game Tune into KTRK ABC 13 in Houston (or check local listings across Texas) each Sunday at 10:35 PM for this in-season show that recaps each Houston Texans game in-depth with coverage and analysis from Greg Bailey and Spencer Tillman.
  • Tue., Dec. 06, 2016 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM CST Players Show Live from Fuddruckers

Join Texans offensive tackle Duane Brown from 6 PM – 7 PM at Fuddruckers (3929 Southwest Freeway, Houston, TX 77027) for a live Texans Radio on SportsRadio 610 broadcast with Voice of the Texans, Marc Vandermeer, and special guests!

Plus, all Houston area Fuddruckers will be feature a Buy One Texans Burger, Get One Free and $15 beer buckets every Tuesday during the season for fans showing up in their Texans gear, whether the Texans win or lose their previous game, so don't miss out!

Then stay for Texans Live from 7-8 PM.  Lots of Texans prizes & giveaways!

• Sat., Dec. 10, 2016 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM CST Houston Super Bowl Host Committee Touchdown Tour

celebrate the city, football and Super Bowl LI with the Host Committee.

Touchdown Tour Schedule Dates
    All events will be scheduled from 10A – 2P

Date                            Location                                Address

• Sat., Dec. 10, 2016 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM CST Texans Extra Points

• Sat., Dec. 10, 2016 11:00 PM - 11:30 PM CST Texans Buzz

• Sun., Dec. 11, 2016 10:35 PM - 11:05 PM CST Houston Texans Inside the Game Tune into KTRK ABC 13 in Houston (or check local listings across Texas) each Sunday at 10:35 PM for this in-season show that recaps each Houston Texans game in-depth with coverage and analysis from Greg Bailey and Spencer Tillman.
  • Tue., Dec. 13, 2016 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM CST Houston Super Bowl Host Committee Touchdown Tour

people of all ages. The Tour will run from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at this stop on its tour around the
    celebrate the city, football and Super Bowl LI with the Host Committee.

Houston Texans Cheerleaders will be in attendance at this tour from 12pm - 1pm, as well as the Go Texan Express merchandise truck.  Stop by for Texans games and a chance to win great Texans prizes!

Chevron
    1400 Smith Street

Houston, TX 77002

Emotional Foster ecstatic to remain with Texans

Posted Mar 6, 2012

Running back Arian Foster was overcome with emotion after signing a long-term contract to remain with the Texans on Tuesday.

For the first time in a long time, Arian Foster cried.

It didn’t happen when he signed a long-term contract with the Texans on Tuesday, a momentous occasion for a player who -- in three years' time -- has gone from undrafted to one of the NFL’s elite running backs and a cornerstone of the Texans franchise.

It happened a few minutes later, when Foster was asked about his hardships as a child in Albuquerque, N.M., during a press conference at Reliant Stadium.

As he stood onstage at a podium in a team auditorium, dressed in a sleek black sport coat with a white button-down shirt and shiny black reading glasses, Foster was overcome with emotion as he recounted his mother, Bernadette Sizemore, pawning off her wedding ring to provide food for his family.

“I just told myself that I wanted to do something with my life,” he said.

Foster was so choked up that he had to turn to his right and excuse himself from the podium for a moment. He removed his glasses and wiped his tear-swelled eyes with his left hand.

“We just had this conversation. I don't cry,” he said to Texans senior director of public relations Kevin Cooper, standing onstage to his left.

Smiling and dabbing at his eyes with a tissue as he regained his composure, Foster continued.

“I wanted to do something with my life to make sure that when I had a kid, that she never had to worry about the lights being on, she didn’t have to worry about any of that, and I didn’t care if I had to work three jobs or whatever,” he said. “That‘s why I don’t complain too much, man. Because at the end of the day, we’re all people, man. We just want to smile. And even when we were growing up and it was tough, that’s one thing my family always had was we smiled through it all. That’s why I try to remain as optimistic as possible.”

Foster and his family have plenty to smile about now. His new contract is reportedly worth $43.5 million over five years, with $20.75 million guaranteed. And the two-time Pro Bowler has earned every penny.

After going undrafted out of Tennessee in 2009, Foster was a practice squad player for most of his rookie season. He worked his way up to a full-time starting job in 2010 and led the league with 1,616 rushing yards, a record for an undrafted player.

Over the last two seasons, Foster leads the league with 4,061 yards from scrimmage and 30 touchdowns. He ranks second with 2,840 rushing yards.

“I had goals coming into the NFL, and I started small,” Foster said. “My first goal was to make a team. Once you make a team, you get to play special teams as an undrafted kid. Once you play special teams, your goal is to be the best special teams player on the field. I started setting small goals like that every single day that I was out there – get better every single day. I think that once you take that mindset with anything that you do in your life, you can be successful.”

Foster played last season on a one-year deal, earning the league minimum as an exclusive rights free agent. He didn’t hold out or complain about his contract in the media. And he finished the season with 1,224 rushing yards despite missing three-and-a-half games.

"I’m an extreme believer in karma,” Foster said. “If you take care of this game, eventually it’ll take care of you. I always try not to play for a payday. I always try to play for the logo on my helmet, the name on the back of my jersey, my teammates. I always try to pay for the right reasons, and I’ll continue to play for the right reasons.”

Foster said he feels a “huge obligation” to the Texans organization and fans "to be the best me that I can be for a long time." He was thankful the team reached out to him a about long-term contract even though they could have given him one-year deals and franchise tags for the next 2-3 years.

“I want to thank my offensive line and my organization and my coaching staff and everybody in this city, the fans that have showed me so much support and so much love,” Foster said. “My offensive line, because they made me look a little better than I am, and I made sure I told ‘em that each individually.

“I’m extremely excited that we were able to come to terms and get a long-term deal done, because I love this city. I love this organization. It’s a first-class organization. Mr. Bob McNair, our general manager Rick Smith, our head coach Gary Kubiak, they’ve all showed me so much support ever since I stepped foot as an undrafted free agent in Houston, not sure where I was going to go. They gave me a chance, and that’s all you can ask for in this lifetime.

“I’m excited about the future, I’m excited about doing my best as a Houston Texan and bringing rings to Houston.”

Those championships can come later. First, Foster had to fulfill a promise to his mother that he made when he was seven years old.

He had to send her a fruit basket.

“I used to tell my mom I was gonna be in the NFL, as every kid did back then,” Foster said. “One day I was joking – I was a real playful kid. I was telling my family everything I was gonna buy them. I was going to buy a house; I was going to buy a car. My brother was like, ‘What are you gonna get me?’ [I said,] ‘I’m gonna get you this.’ I told my sister, I told my dad, and I left my mom out. She was like, ‘Well, what are you gonna get me?’

“I said, ‘I’ll get you a fruit basket.’ She was like, ‘A fruit basket?’ I was like, ‘Yeah, I’ll get you a fruit basket.’ So it was kind of a running joke throughout my family throughout my career: ‘When are you gonna get mom a fruit basket?’”

Foster peered down at his watch on his left wrist.

“And so today, I think it should be getting there now,” he said. “I did. I sent her a fruit basket to her job.”

Namaste, Mr. Foster.