The Houston Texans are proud to partner with GE and Houston Methodist to launch the Play Safe Football Clinics! These clinics will highlight the importance of concussion awareness, proper hydration, and nutrition.
Special guests will include experts in related fields, Houston Texans Ambassadors, and Texans Cheerleaders! Participants will hear from guest speakers and then take part in interactive football drills.
March 7: Cinco Ranch High School
March 21: James Driver Park
April 11: Pearland Junior High West
April 25: Capmbell Middle School
These events are free, however registration is required. There are four different dates and locations to choose from. Space is limited, so register for a clinic near you today through this link - http://www.houstontexans.com/kids/footballclinic.html
The 2015 Houston Texans Cheerleaders Tryouts are Saturday, March 28! Get the opportunity to perform on national television, travel the world, and more. Tryouts are free and you have nothing to lose!
Click the link for complete info to register - http://www.houstontexans.com/cheerleaders/tryouts/2015.html
The all new Houston Texans Kids Triathlon presented by Texas Children’s Hospital is April 19. Space is limited and this event will sell out, so register your kids today by clicking on this link - http://www.houstontexans.com/kids/triathlon/home.html
The Houston Texans are proud to partner with GE and Houston Methodist to launch the Play Safe Moms Clinic just for football moms on May 13th!
This free clinic will provide moms with the latest safety information in concussion awareness, proper hydration and nutrition to prepare them for the upcoming football season. These classroom-style instructions and interactive football drills will take place in the Houston Methodist Training Center.
Space is limited, so register today at http://www.houstontexans.com/kids/momclinic.html!
TRANSACTIONS: Signed with Houston Texans on May 16, 2014 ...
• Finished his career as a four-year starter with 167 total tackles, 27.5 tackles for loss, seven sacks and five blocked kicks
• Played in 10 games, making eight starts
• Finished the year with 37 tackles, 4.0 tackles for loss and one sack
• Had a season-high six tackles versus Central Michigan and Kent State
• Blocked a field goal for the fifth time in his career
• Played in all 12 games, making 10 starts
• Made 33 total tackles, including 8.5 for a loss and 3 sacks
• Had a season-high six tackles against Minnesota (Sept. 17) and Bowling Green (Sept. 24)
• A second-team All-MAC performer and starter in all 14 games
• Recorded 27 solo tackles and 26 assists, tied for fourth-most among his teammates
• Ranked third-best on the team with 10 tackles for loss for 33 yards and added three quarterback sacks, two forced fumbles, two blocked kicks, two QB hurries, two PBUs and one fumble recovery
• Started nine games and made 40 tackles
• Recorded five tackles for loss and blocked two kicks
• 2008 Woodbridge High School team had a perfect 10-0 regular-season record
• As a senior, accumulated 82 tackles and 10 quarterback sacks
• Also lettered in track and field as a shot putter and in baseball as a first baseman
• Austin Brown
• Born Sept. 14, 1991
• Son of Greg and Laurie Brown
• Completed his undergraduate degree in Kinesiology in May 2013
Fox Sports Peter Schrager gave his opinion on the Texans 2015 draft needs to Drew Dougherty of Texans TV.
Senior National Writer Peter Schrager, of FoxSports.com, talked with Drew Dougherty about the quarterback position and specifically Ryan Mallett.
Brian Cushing and FCCU teamed up to honor the 'Stars in the Classroom' from local schools on Thursday.
Lineman David Quessenberry spoke about his road to recovery and more in this 'Extended Cut'.