2018 Gameday Ticket Policy Information
Gameday Ticket Policy: During the entire 2018 NFL season, the Houston Texans will require fans who wish to enter NRG Stadium property to possess a gameday ticket or Tailgate Ticket. Tailgate Tickets are valid only for the event date printed on the ticket.
What is your Responsibility: As a season ticket member, you are responsible for all actions of any tailgate ticket member in possession of a ticket distributed to your account. Reproduction of this ticket will result in the revocation of all tailgate ticket privileges.
Who are Tailgate Tickets intended for: Season ticket members and their friends and family. If you re-sell this ticket, your season ticket account will be deactivated and you will not be allowed to purchase these tickets in the future.
Children are Exempt: Children 15 years of age or younger who are attending the game with their parents or a guardian will be allowed on NRG Park property without a game ticket or Tailgate Ticket, however they must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Where it is enforced: All NRG Park property, including but not limited to all parking lots and the stadium.
What will happen to non-ticket fans: Any fan that does not have a gameday ticket or Tailgate Ticket will not be permitted to enter NRG Park Property. All tailgate tickets must be purchased in advance of gameday.
If you have any additional questions regarding our Gameday Ticket Policy, please call our Customer Service team at 832-667-2002.
Tailgate Ticket Policy FAQs
What if a Season Ticket Member would like to bring a guest to tailgate for a game? We will make tailgate tickets available to season ticket members for $12 per ticket per game. There will be up to 4000 of these tickets available for each game on a first come first serve basis. Each season ticket holder will only be able to acquire up to 10 tickets for any given game until the limit is reached.
Can a tailgate ticket be forwarded or reprinted? No. These tailgate tickets cannot be forwarded or reprinted. They must be treated like cash and will not be replaced.
Will the Season Ticket Member be responsible for the actions of their tailgate ticket member? Yes. The Season Ticket member who purchased the tailgate ticket will be held responsible for the actions of their guest. The season ticket member will have their name and account number printed on each tailgate guest ticket. If a disturbance occurs the Season Ticket member will be subject to removal from the property, and possible revocation of their season ticket and/or parking pass.
Does this tailgate ticket entitle me to setup a tailgate in a parking space? No. The tailgate ticket only allows you to remain on property without an accompanying game ticket. You will not be allowed to setup any materials or equipment in a parking space unless you have a parking pass.
Why do the Texans charge $12 for the tailgate ticket? The Houston Texans have set the price at $12, to cover the additional expenses required to host extra patrons on property. That money will provide additional security, facilities, and parking personnel to manage the added patrons that will remain on property after all other game ticket members have gone inside the stadium.
Is a parking pass by itself enough for a fan to come onto NRG Park grounds and tailgate with my friends? No, you must possess a gameday ticket or a tailgate ticket in addition to the parking pass to enter and remain on NRG Park property.
Can I purchase Tailgate Tickets at one of the pedestrian access gates on gameday? No, you will not be allowed to purchase a Tailgate Ticket on gameday at any of our pedestrian access gates.
Pregame Activities: Tailgating Guidelines and Rules
The Houston Texans not only allow tailgating, we encourage it! We want NRG Stadium to provide the finest tailgating experience in the NFL, so we have established a few guidelines to make your tailgating party great:
- All Parking lots (except for platinum) will open four hours prior to kickoff.
- All parking at NRG Stadium will require a pre-purchased parking hangtag; you will not be able to buy any additional parking at the gate.
- Parking is first-come, first-served for the first hour; saving spots will not be allowed. If you would like to tailgate near friends, please arrive together.
- Tailgating will be limited to one 8’x 16’ space for each valid parking hangtag, and must not cross over into the drive lane designated by the blue lines down each aisle.
- Postgame tailgating will be allowed for no longer than (1) hour following the conclusion of the game. At that time, all tailgates will be asked to shut down and all vehicles must leave property within 30 minutes (1.5 hours after end of the game).
- The use of “Unmanned Aircraft Systems”(UAS) or “Drones” and other remotely controlled aircraft or ground vehicles is strictly prohibited at NRG Stadium and NRG Park. Anyone possessing or operating such devices at NRG Park is subject to confiscation of the item, removal from NRG Park and possible legal action in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws.
- RV’s, buses, and oversized vehicles will need to pre-purchase a minimum of two parking spots and need to park in the designated RV areas in each lot.
- If you plan to extend sides or set chairs outside of your RV or Bus you will need parking hangtags in addition to the ones for the space that will be used by you vehicle.
- For safety, fans may not stand, sit, or congregate on the tops of vehicles, busses or RV’s.
- Generators that create excessive noise or harmful fumes are prohibited. (As determined by Texans staff.)
- Barbecues in tow will also be required to have an additional pre-purchased hangtag. You will not be allowed to buy one at the gate.
- No Music system speakers may exceed 18” tall and 12” wide
- Music speakers may not produce sound greater than 68 decibels in accordance to the City of Houston sound ordinance Sections 30.1-30.9
- No Pets of any kind are allowed at Houston Texans games except, certified service animals
- The Houston Texans do not allow the charging of admission for access to tailgate parties or the solicitation of cash for goods or services within the NRG Stadium parking lots; this includes but is not limited to tips, donations, or payment for food, beverage, merchandise, promotional products.
- Liquid charcoal starter or other flammable liquids are strictly prohibited. Charcoal may be started with an electrical starter designed for this purpose or quick starting charcoal is recommended. Open flames are allowed but all barbecue pits left unattended must be extinguished.
- Ash containers, trash containers and port-o-lets are located in each lot. Hot ashes, cinders, smothering coal, or other hot materials must be disposed of in the Orange dumpsters only, and trash must be disposed of the in the Green dumpsters only.
- For safety purposes, all tents, chairs, etc. must be put away before entering NRG Stadium.
- In order to ensure the safety of our fans, no golf carts, Segways, motorized coolers, skateboards, bicycles, or large balloons will be allowed for use by fans in the parking lots.
- NRG Stadium and the Houston Texans do not grant the right to display advertising, banners or signs, or distribute promotional items on property. Fans may be asked to remove inappropriate banners or signs. No promotional activity is permitted at NRG Stadium or in parking lots.
- All cooking equipment shall be situated away from crowds, buildings, vehicles or combustible materials. A minimum clearance distance of 3 feet is required, and a minimum class 2A-10B:C fire extinguisher with a current service tag is required at each cooking area.
- LP-gas cooking appliances shall be UL listed and approved for use. LP-gas cylinders shall be secured in an upright position to keep from falling and positioned to prevent impact from vehicle traffic. Portable generators are not to be filled while running and fuel must be in a UL listed safety can (2 gal. max).
- Any violation of the fire safety regulations will be subject to citations being issued by the City of Houston Fire Inspector.
- For any further information regarding these guidelines or any other questions on the day of the game please call 832-667-1400 or text our text line number at 832-241-0202.
- The Houston Texans reserve the right to revoke the season parking pass of those who do not comply with these guidelines.