**Fans To Vote For Winner On NFL.com and Via Sprint Wireless Service
Running back Mike Bell of the Denver Broncos, wide receiver Marques Colston of the New Orleans Saints, tight end Owen Daniels of the Houston Texans, safety Dawan Landry of the Baltimore Ravens and quarterback Vince Young of the Tennessee Titans are the finalists for Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week honors for games played on October 29-30, the NFL announced today.
FANS CAN VOTE FOR DANIELS BY CLICKING HERE. Voting ends Thursday at 5 p.m. EST. The Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week will be announced Thursday evening on NFL.com.
In addition, for the second year, NFL fans may cast their votes for the*Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week using phones with Sprint wireless service - an opportunity available only to Sprint customers. This fast, convenient voting method involves texting the word PEPSIto short code 7777*. Sprint customers will then receive an interactive text message that links fans to the ballot with the five finalists each week. Data and text messaging rates may apply.
After the regular season, five players will be nominated for Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year honors. Fans can vote for the winner on NFL.com and via Sprint wireless service throughout the month of January. The winner will be announced at a press conference at Super Bowl XLI in South Florida.
A closer look at the finalists:
- Denver's Mike Bell ran for 136 yards and two touchdowns on 15 carries in the Broncos' 34-31 loss to the Indianapolis Colts. Bell made the most of his 15 carries, averaging more than nine yards per carry, recording a career-long run of 48 yards and scoring on two one-yard touchdown runs.
- New Orleans' Marques Colston caught six passes for 163 yards and two touchdowns in the Saints' 35-22 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. Colston continued his impressive rookie campaign, scoring on touchdown receptions of 25 and 47 yards in the fourth quarter and adding another reception of 53 yards in the game.
- Houston's Owen Danielsregistered single-game career-highs in catches, receiving yards and touchdown receptions* *in the Texans' 28-22 loss to the Tennessee Titans. Daniels caught nine passes for 99 yards and two touchdowns, scoring twice in the fourth quarter on receptions of one and two yards.
- Baltimore's Dawan Landry recorded two tackles and two interceptions, and returned an interception for a touchdown in the Ravens' 35-22 victory over the New Orleans Saints. Landry enjoyed his second consecutive game with an interception and scored his first NFL touchdown on a 12-yard, third-quarter interception return.
- Tennessee's Vince Young completed seven of 15 passes for 87 yards and one touchdown and carried four times for 44 yards and one touchdown in the Titans' 28-22 victory over the Houston Texans. Young put the Titans in front 7-0 on a 20-yard, second-quarter touchdown run and added a 20-yard touchdown pass in the third quarter.