Get to know linebacker Jordan Jenkins, signed as an unrestricted free agent on March 29, 2021.
Name: Jordan Jenkins
Height/Weight: 6-3, 260
Hometown: Hamilton, Georgia
- A third-round pick (83rd overall) in the 2016 NFL Draft, Jenkins played five seasons (2016-20) for the Jets where he saw action in 72 games with 62 starts. He recorded 184 tackles (112 solo), 25 tackles for loss, 22.5 sacks for a loss of 147.0 yards, 46 quarterback hits, eight passes defensed, seven forced fumbles and five fumble recoveries.
- Jenkins, who has notched four multi-sack games in his career, led the Jets in sacks in each of the 2018 and 2019 seasons. He also recorded double-digit quarterback hits (15 in 2018 and 13 in 2019) in those two seasons.
- Most of his family, parents and grandparents, live in the Houston area. Jenkins says he has a lot of family that have been lifelong Texans fans.
- His dad, Ronald, served 22 years in the Army.
- Jenkins played four seasons (2012-15) at the University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia. After recording 31 total tackles and 5.0 sacks as a true freshman, Jenkins was also voted the team's defensive MVP in 2015 after totaling 59 tackles, a team-high 10.5 tackles for loss and 4.0 sacks.
- He attended Harris County High School in Hamilton and returned in 2018 to host a free football camp for kids ages six to 18.
- In 2020, Jenkins suffered a shoulder injury in Week 3 against the Colts. He told the training staff to "pop it back in" and he returned to finish the game. He missed the final four games of the season but still recorded 32 tackles (15 solo), three tackles for loss, 2.0 sacks, six quarterback hits, one pass defensed and one forced fumble in 12 starts.
- Jenkins and second-year Texans linebacker Jonathan Greenard were both coached by Todd Grantham in college when he served as the defensive coordinator at Georgia and Florida, respectively.
Join the Houston Texans family by signing up for the FREE Priority Waitlisthere.