Get to know linebacker Neville Hewitt, signed as a free agent on May 7, 2021.
Name: Neville Hewitt
Height/Weight: 6-2, 234
Hometown: Conyers, Georgia
Get to know Hewitt:
- After going undrafted in 2015, Hewitt played three seasons with the Miami Dolphins (2015-17) and three seasons with the New York Jets (2018-20).
- In his 82 career NFL games with 39 starts, Hewitt has recorded 320 tackles (206 solo), 20 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks, 18 quarterback hits, three interceptions, 13 passes defensed, one forced fumble and two fumble recoveries.
- The first interception of his NFL career came against Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo during Week 12 of Hewitt's rookie season (2015).
- Hewitt played two seasons at Marshall University (2013-14) after transferring from Georgia Military College where he played two seasons (2011-12) as a hybrid safety and linebacker.
- He was voted as the 2014 Conference USA Defensive Player of the Year by league coaches after leading Marshall's defense to a 13-1 season, making a conference-high 123 tackles.
- Last season, Hewitt started all 16 games for the first time in his career and finished ninth in the NFL in total tackles (131). He also recorded 2.0 sacks, six tackles for loss, four passes defensed, four quarterback hits, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.
Experience gameday together. Browse tickets here.