Get to know wide receiver Chris Conley, signed as an unrestricted free agent on March 29, 2021.
Name: Chris Conley
Position: Wide receiver
Height/Weight: 6-3, 205
Hometown: Dallas, Georgia
Get to know Chris:
- After being selected in the third round (76th overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft by Kansas City, Conley played his first four seasons (2015-18) with the Chiefs before spending his last two (2019-20) with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- He had a career season in 2019 with the Jaguars. Conley saw action in all 16 games with 14 starts and set single-season career highs in receptions (47), receiving yards (775) and yards per reception (16.5 average) and scored a career-tying five receiving touchdowns.
- His longest career reception was a 70-yard touchdown catch in Week 8 against the New York Jets in 2019.
- In 2017, Conley missed the final 11 games of the regular season after he suffered an Achilles injury in Week 5 against the Texans.
- Conley was born in Adana, Turkey on an Air Force base. His father, Charles, had a career in the United States Air Force.
- He attended North Paulding High School in Dallas, Georgia where he earned class AAAA All-State First-Team offense honors in football as a senior.
- Conley played four seasons (2011-14) at the University of Georgia and led the Bulldogs in receiving yards (657), yards per reception (18.2) and receiving touchdowns (eight) during his senior year.
- As a freshman, he earned the team's Newcomer of the Year Award (offense) with his performance in 11 games.
- Conley set NFL Scouting Combine records with his performance in 2015. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.35 seconds, which was the third-fastest among wide receivers that year. Additionally, his standing vertical leap clocked in at 45 inches, the best-ever for a wide receiver at the time. His broad jump of 11 feet, 7 inches also set a record among wide receivers and tied the Combine record set by Jamie Collins in 2013.
- His Twitter bio says he is a "Wanna be: Director, Surfer, Gamer."
Experience gameday together. Browse tickets here.
- In his six NFL seasons, Conley has caught 189 receptions for 2,467 yards (13.1 average) and 13 touchdowns in 84 career games with 52 starts.
Join the Houston Texans family by signing up for the FREE Priority Waitlisthere.