6. Perimeter Area
- 3.1(A) - apply mathematics to problems arising in everyday life, society, and the workplace;
- 3.6(C) - determine the area of rectangles with whole number side lengths in problems using multiplication related to the number of rows times the number of unit squares in each row;
- 3.7(B) - determine the perimeter of a polygon or a missing length when given perimeter and remaining side lengths in problems
- 4.1(A) - apply mathematics to problems arising in everyday life, society, and the workplace;
- 4.5(C)(D) - use models to determine the formulas for the perimeter of a rectangle (l + w + l + w or 2l + 2w), including the special form for perimeter of a square (4s) and the area of a rectangle (l x w); and solve problems related to perimeter and area of rectangles where dimensions are whole numbers.