Dino Vasso enters his ninth season as an NFL assistant this year, taking over as the cornerbacks coach of the Texans.
Here are 10 things to know about Vasso:
- Spent the previous five seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles as the assistant coordinator / defense (2020) and assistant secondary coach (2016-19)
- Won a Super Bowl LII ring in 2017 with the Eagles
- From 2013 to 2015, Vasso was a coaching assistant with Kansas City Chiefs, where Texans Head Coach David Culley was also an assistant during that time
- Played collegiately at the University of New Hampshire (UNH), serving as a defensive co-captain his senior year
- Picked off 18 passes in 51 career games for the Wildcats
- Majored in Studio Arts at UNH
- At Ridley High School in Folsom, Pa., Vasso lettered in football, basketball and track and field
- Caught 18 touchdown passes as a receiver in high school
- Began his coaching career in 2011 as an offensive intern at Temple University
- Was a graduate assistant at Missouri in 2012
Experience gameday together. Browse tickets here.
The 2021 Houston Texans rookies hit the field for the first time today.