David Culley is the Texans new head coach. He and his assistants get to work with the players on April 5, when the start of the team's offseason conditioning program begins.
The passing game coordinator and quarterbacks coach is Pep Hamilton. Here are to know about Hamilton.
- Played quarterback at Howard University from 1993-96
- Coached the quarterbacks at Howard from 1997-2001, and was the school's offensive coordinator from 1999-2001 as well
- First full-time NFL job was with New York Jets in 2003 as an offensive quality control coach
- Was Jets quarterbacks coach in 2004, and the team's receivers' coach in 2005
- Coached the San Francisco 49ers quarterbacks in 2006
- Spent 2007-2009 as the Chicago Bears' quarterbacks coach
- From 2010-2012 Hamilton was at Stanford, spending his first year there as the receivers coach and his second two as the offensive coordinator
- Hamilton was the Indianapolis Colts' offensive coordinator from 2013-2015
- In 2016, he joined the Cleveland Browns as the assistant head coach and quarterbacks coach
- 2017 and 2018 saw Hamilton in the college ranks as the assistant head coach and passing game coordinator for the Michigan Wolverines
- Hamilton went 3-2 as the General manager and head coach of the XFL's DC Defenders in 2020
- He spent the 2020 NFL season with the Los Angeles Chargers, where he coached the quarterbacks
- With the Chargers, he coached veteran Tyrod Taylor and 2020 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Justin Herbert
The Houston Texans roster in photos. (Updated 7/29/2021)