Dan Mullen is a fan of Bill O'Brien.
The Mississippi State head coach recently spoke with John Harris at the SEC Media Days in Birmingham. Mullen had the Texans head coach speak at his coaches clinic earlier this offseason, and raved about what O'Brien said.
"He did a great job coming to talk," Mullen said. "We're so fortunate to have a guy like that come talk to the high school coaches in Mississippi at our football clinic. I know he's going to great things for the Texans this year."
Mullen peeled off a list of six reasons he's a fan of O'Brien's.
- "He knows how to win in football."
- "I love his intensity. He coaches hard every single day."
- "He gets back to what football is all about."
- "He's going to teach the game the right way."
- "He's going to be on the cutting edge in what's new in football."
- "But he never lets guys lose their edge. That mental and physical toughness that's going to help you win football games. That's one thing he always brings to the table. Always has. I've known him for a long time."
A collection of photos from SEC Media Days.