The Texans won Sunday, and did so because of many reasons. The defense allowed just 9 points. Alfred Blue churned out 139 yards on 31 carries. Quintin Demps picked off a pass. DeAndre Hopkins caught a touchdown and seven other passes en route to a 101-yard outburst.
Those are just a few, and there are still many others.
Among them? Ryan Mallett's improved performance. Head coach Bill O'Brien stressed "that there are certainly things to improve on" for his quarterback. But he then he listed 8 reasons Mallett performed better in Week 3 as opposed to in the past.
- "I thought he managed the game better."
- "I think he got us into the right play better."
- "I thought his mechanics were better."
- "He was tighter in the pocket."
- "He was a bit more accurate. He completed more balls."
- "I think we were more balanced and I think that helped him."
- "We were able to run the football."
- "I thought he did a good job on third down. We were 44 percent on third down, which is pretty good considering that our defense did a great job against their offense on third down."
View some of the best fan photos from Sunday's game against the Buccaneers.