It was Fan Appreciation Day at Reliant Stadium for the final home game of the 2013 season.
- The national anthem was sung by Sara Beth Swagerty, who won a fan competition on social media called #Texansfanthem.
- 60,000 copies of J.J. Watt's comic book "MegaWatt," part of a Gatorade promotion, were distributed to fans. Five were autographed by Watt.
- Antonio Smith, Duane Brown, and DeAndre Hopkins greeted fans in Budweiser Plaza after the game to show their appreciation. Antonio Smith changed into cowboy gear, including chaps and boots with spurs.
- Comedienne Jenny Johnson was seen talking with General Manager Rick Smith before the game. She was wearing Texans gear.
- Rapper and Texans supporter Bun-B was also on the sideline.
- Toro arrived in a sled.
The Texans lost 37-13 to Denver, but there were some positives from the game.
- Andre Johnson!(/team/roster/andre-johnson/7678fd27-7805-43d1-b038-76fc00bdfac7/ "Andre Johnson") recorded his 100th catch of the season on a 35-yard pass from Matt Schaub in the first quarter. Johnson now has five 100-reception seasons in his career, tied with Wes Welker for the most in NFL history.
- Houston's defense recorded a season-high nine passes defensed.
- The Texans became the first team to stop Denver on a fourth-down conversion attempt this season. In the first quarter, Eddie Pleasant tackled TE Julius Thomas for a 2-yard pass gain on fourth-and-3 from the Houston 28-yard line. Denver was 8-of-8 on fourth-down conversions coming into the game.
- Tight end Ryan Griffin's 40-yard catch in the third quarter was the longest of his career.
- In the third quarter, the Texans outgained Denver 115-28 in the third quarter. The Broncos converted just one 1st down.
- After the game, Andre Johnson and Peyton Manning congratulated each other on the records they set during the game, Johnson to Manning for the 51 touchdowns and Manning to Johnson for the 100-catch season.