Texans Care Volunteer Day | HoustonTexans.com
Texans Care Volunteer Day presented by Chevron will now be going virtual!
On Saturday, May 9, share videos, photos, and stories with us using #TexansCare to show us how you or someone you know demonstrates the "Texans Care" mentality in your life and you will automatically be entered to win (2) tickets to a future Houston Texans game and a $2,500 donation to the charity of your choice!
Together we will aim to spread the incredible, positive force that is the Houston Texans community. Let's begin a social movement of sharing our joy and appreciation!
Take a look below at the ways you can use #TexansCare with us! Your social accounts must be public for your post to be seen.
Ways to #TexansCare
We encourage you to get creative with your #TexansCare messages, but have provided examples to start you off:
- Take a photo or film a video highlighting your appreciation of who you feel demonstrates the #TexansCare spirit whether that be a co-worker, family member, or essential worker
- Donate to the Houston Texans Foundation in to support our efforts in being Champions for Youth at www.HoustonTexans.com/give
- Color a Texans Care thank you message for an essential worker
- Donate non-perishable food items to the Houston Food Bank
- Cook a meal for a neighbor who is working on the front lines combating the Coronavirus (first responder, nurse, etc.)
- Send take-out from a local restaurant to a loved one or elderly neighbor
- Drop off water or groceries for a loved one or elderly neighbor
- Buy a gift card to a local restaurant to support small businesses
- Have your children create encouraging messages for the community using sidewalk chalk outside of your house or around your neighborhood
- Pick-up trash at a local park
- Send cards to those in nursing homes and hospitals who are not able to have visitors
- Make an encouraging sign and post it outside your house or window as a sign of support for your neighbors. Click here for a Texans sign to start you off!
- Celebrate a friend's birthday by surprising them with a parade of friends in their cars passing by their house
- Leave a basket of non-perishable items and water outside of your home for delivery drivers to take