A-Z Texans Fan Guide | Houston Texans - HoustonTexans.com
All NRG Stadium gates open 90 minutes prior to kickoff. We strongly encourage guests to arrive early as all guests must go through security prior to entering the stadium. All guests entering NRG Stadium are subject to search and refusal to comply may be grounds to prohibit admission. Visibly intoxicated guests will not be permitted to enter the stadium. Re-entry into NRG Stadium is not permitted. The NFL's Best Practices with respect to prohibited items are strictly enforced at the stadium on gamedays. Guests should return all prohibited items to their vehicles before approaching queue lines to get inside the stadium. All prohibited items confiscated by staff will be immediately disposed of.
The following items may be permitted after inspection:
- NFL Bag Policy: Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12" (see here)
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, camera or binocular cases that do not exceed 4.5" x 6.5", with or without a handle or strap
- Medically necessary items including breast pumps, medication, insulin, etc.
- Baby formula
- Flags, posters or signs without poles that one person can hold and do not block other guests' views or block signage
- Small, compact umbrellas that fit under one seat
In conjunction with the National Football League and for the safety of our guests, the following are prohibited:
- Illegal substances
- Unmanned aircraft systems/radio-controlled model aircrafts
- Segways, skateboards, hoverboards
- Animals (except certified service animals to aid guests with disabilities)
- Bags or backpacks larger than 4.5x6.5, please see the clear bag policy here
- Video cameras/cameras with lenses over 3''. Additional lenses are not permitted
- Clothing or signs with offensive or profane messages
- Diaper bags
- Fireworks, firearms or weapons of any kind, i.e. pocket knives, scissors, etc.
- Food, beverage, or other outside liquids
- Laser pointers
- Noisemakers (bells, whistles, vuvuzelas, etc.)
- Seat cushions
- Flag poles, frisbees, beach balls and selfie sticks
- Video cameras
- Wrapped gifts
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list and other items may be prohibited in NRG Stadium if they are deemed, in the sole discretion of the Houston Texans or Stadium Management, to be hazardous or not in the spirit of the event.
The following are also prohibited by NFL and Houston Texans rules:
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive or illegal in nature
- Intoxication or other signs of alcohol or substance impairment that results in irresponsible behavior
- Offensive language or obscene gestures, to include the use of such language or gestures concerning a person's race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, creed, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or national origin; or to instigate, incite or encourage a confrontation or physical assault
- Interference with the progress of the game (including throwing objects onto the field)
- Failing to follow instructions of law enforcement, guest services and security personnel
- Smoking including electronic cigarettes, and/or vaporizers are prohibited inside of the stadium, however they can be used in designated areas outside
- Ticket scalping
- Trespassing, soliciting, or loitering
- Verbal or physical harassment of opposing team fans
Frequently Asked Questions
Are tickets still available for games this season?
Limited pairs and single seats are available for selected games. Click here for more information on single-game seats. You also can check with the box office on Saturdays before home games. Fans also can contact Ticketmaster at www.ticketmaster.com or by calling 713-629-3700 and they will assist you in purchasing single-game tickets. In addition, fans can also visit the NFL Ticket Exchange here.
What age are children required to have a ticket?
All children two years and older need a ticket to attend the game.
Since I don't have a parking pass, what are my options?
The Metro Rail is available for fans. Fannin at 610 behind Sam's Club is the closest drop-off. For more information on Metrorail, please visit www.ridemetro.org.
What is the camera policy?
You are welcome to bring small flash photography cameras into NRG Stadium, but no professional lenses or lenses over 3" are permitted. Video cameras and audio recorders are not allowed.
Where is the will-call located?
South end of NRG Stadium inside of Bud Light Plaza. There is no third-party will call permitted.
How can I buy tickets to an away game?
You will need to contact the opposing team's ticket office to purchase tickets for the game being played in their venue. Visit the opposing team's website for their team's ticket information or visit the NFL Ticket Exchange.
Where or when are players available for autograph signings?
The players do not have a designated autograph signing before or after the game. We recommend visiting our website frequently to determine when and where Texans events will be held and if players will be present. Here is a link to our events calendar.
Where can I purchase single-game parking passes?
Please visit Ticketmaster.com to purchase single-game parking passes.
What's the capacity of NRG Stadium for a football game?
The capacity for NRG Stadium is 71,795.
How early can we enter the stadium for games?
Premium gates open two hours before kickoff and Main Stadium gates open 90 minutes before kickoff.
As a season ticket holder, how do I get the opportunity to walk on the field before game time?
If you are interested in purchasing a hospitality package that includes pregame sideline access, please contact our Sales team at (832)667-2390.
Is there a private area inside of the stadium on gameday for mothers to breastfeed or pump?
Our nursing mothers room is located at the Guest Services booth on the 100 level closest to section 133.
If I need assistance on gameday, who should I contact?
Please text our gameday text-line at 832-241-0202 to speak with a Texans representative or visit any guest services location.