The Texans have another new defensive back in former Cleveland Brown Briean Boddy-Calhoun. The fourth-year pro picked off a pass in his NFL debut in 2016, and has played multiple times at NRG Stadium. Here are 12 facts to know about Boddy-Calhoun.
- Played in 16 games with eight starts in 2018
- Has 132 career tackles in three seasons
- Made NFL debut in Week 3 of 2016 with Cleveland Browns, and finished with six tackles and an interception return for a touchdown
- Signed with Jaguars as a rookie free agent in 2016 after going undrafted
- Played collegiately at University of Minnesota
- Picked off 10 passes in his college career, averaging 16.9 yards per return
- Played at NRG Stadium with Gophers in 2012 Texas Bowl versus Texas Tech
- Started a record label in 2018
- Grew up in Wilmington, Delaware
- Played QB/DB and returned kicks and punts at Delcastle Technical High School.
- Was a point guard on high school basketball team
- First name is pronounced “Bree-ANN”
Check out the best shots of new Texans cornerback Briean Boddy-Calhoun. (Photos via AP Images.)