Tashaun Gipson became a Houston Texan on Tuesday afternoon.
After a three-year stint with division rival Jacksonville, the eight-year NFL veteran comes to town with 90 starts under his belt to go along with 20 career interceptions. He said he's excited to be with the Texans, and here are 12 things to know about Gipson.
- 20 career interceptions in seven NFL seasons
- Pro Bowler in 2014 after picking off six passes in 11 games with Cleveland
- Named 67th on NFL Network's 'NFL Top 100' list in spring of 2015
- Started 16 games in each of the last three seasons with the Jaguars
- He was the first player to pick off Deshaun Watson in the NFL (Week 1 of 2017)
- Played college football with his older brother Marcell at Wyoming
- Started 50 games in four college seasons with the Cowboys
- After going undrafted in 2012, signed as a rookie free agent with the Browns and played four seasons in Cleveland
- Intercepted 14 passes with the Browns
- Recorded four interceptions and 64 tackles in 2017, helping the Jaguars advance to the AFC title game
- Graduated from same high school—Kimball in Dallas, TX—as musician Stevie Ray Vaughn, actor Stephen Tobolowsky and ‘Barney’ creator Sheryl Stamps Leach
- First name is pronounced ‘Tuh-SHAWN’
Check out some of the best shots of new Texans safety Tashaun Gipson. (Photos via AP Images.)