The third practice of Texans training camp is complete. The weather was downright balmy, and Texans play-by-play voice **Marc Vandermeer** made the bold statement that the clouds and breeze combined to make it the "best weather ever" for a Texans training camp practice.
Like yesterday, here's some of what we saw:
- **The play of the day**, though, was a Matt Schaub-to-André Davis deep ball over the middle. Davis hauled it in for what would have been a touchdown, and he got by a pair of defensive backs for the score.
- Receiver Andre Johnson also picked up some cheers from the crowd, midway through practice when he caught a pass in front of the bleachers.
- Cornerback Brice McCain made a nifty play in 7-on-7's when he slapped away a Dan Orlovsky pass headed to the left side of the field.
- The bleachers were full again.
- As Nick Scurfield **tweeted earlier**, Schaub and Chris Mortensen of ESPN had a nice interaction after practice.
- Also, former Oilers tight end Mike Barber was in attendance, as were Texans Ambassador/Oilers great Zeke Moore and former Texans return man J.J. Moses. J.J.'s one of our go-to guys in the **Texans Ambassadors** program as well.
- In addition, there were four exchange students from China. Two teenage boys and a pair of teenage girls took in practice, got some autographs after, and generally enjoyed the sight of football for the first time. One young man named Frank, was especially impressed with Trindon Holliday's return skills and delighted in getting the rookie's autograph.
- Special thanks to **Steph Stradley, a.k.a. 'Texans Chick' for mentioning us in her blog**. If you don't follow her, you should. Her blog is one of the most comprehensive and informative places to learn about the team and its players.