Here's a few more observations from a hot Day 4 of Texans training camp, with some assorted flotsam and jetsam thrown in also:
- The pads were on today, so the players were hitting. On the first play of practice, rookie cornerback Kareem Jackson got a solid lick in on running back Arian Foster. Jackson met Foster just past the line of scrimmage, as the running back came left on a running play.
- Three plays later, linebacker Brian Cushing got behind the line of scrimmage and dropped running back Steve Slaton for what would have been a three-yard loss.
- The first big hit of the day came courtesy of the linebacker duo of Kevin Bentley and Darryl Sharpton. They dropped tight end Garrett Graham in the middle of the field, eliciting a hearty "ooooh!" from the 3,131 fans in attendance.
- The **play of the day** came near the end of the morning, when tight end Joel Dreessen went up and pulled down a John David Booty pass. Safety Dominique Barber had him blanketed, but Dreessen was able to come down with the ball. We talked with him after practice and he said the tight ends group is extremely talented.
- According to the folks at Bleacher Report, the **Houston Texans Cheerleaders** have the **hottest uniforms in the NFL**.
- Finally, if you like hamburgers, you can get a free one at Whataburger. **Here’s how**.