Get to know linebacker Tae Davis, signed as a free agent on March 23, 2021.
Name: Tae Davis
Height/Weight: 6-1, 224
Hometown: Oxford, Alabama
Get to know Tae:
- In 2018, Davis was signed as a college free agent by the New York Giants where he played in 18 games with five starts from 2018-2019.
- After being waived by the Giants in October 2019, Davis was claimed off waivers by the Cleveland Browns where he played in nine games, primarily on special teams.
- His full name is Octavious Marquez Davis.
- He has a sister named Sierra who served in the Army and was stationed at Fort Hood.
- Davis played four seasons (2014-17) at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. He moved from safety to linebacker during his senior year (2017) and led the team with 74 total tackles (42 solo), including 5.0 tackles for loss.
- He attended Oxford High School in Alabama where he was a standout defensive back. Davis also ran track and was named "Best Sprinter" on the team.
- Davis worked with Meals on Wheels to help feed the elderly during the pandemic last year. He wanted to give back after three elderly members of his family tested positive for COVID-19 in Alabama.
- Last year with the Browns, Davis played in 13 games where he logged seven solo special teams tackles and one pass defensed. He also saw action in both playoff contests, contributing two special teams tackles in the Wild Card Round game at Pittsburgh.
Join the Houston Texans family by signing up for the FREE Priority Waitlist here.