Get to know wide receiver Chris Moore, signed as an unrestricted free agent on March 24, 2021.
Name: Chris Moore
Position: Wide receiver
Height/Weight: 6-1, 200
Hometown: Tampa, Florida
Get to know Chris:
- After being selected in the fourth round (107th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft, Moore played his first five (2016-20) seasons with the Baltimore Ravens. He has recorded 47 receptions for 511 yards and four touchdowns in 61 game with five starts.
- On kickoffs, Moore has notched 1,080 return yards on 46 returns, averaging 23.5 yards per attempt.
- Moore recorded a single-game career-high 124 kickoff return yards against the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 17 of 2017.
- In Houston, Moore will be reunited with his former position coach in David Culley.
- Moore played four seasons (2012-15) at the University of Cincinnati after redshirting in 2011. During his senior season, he ranked eighth in the country in average yards per reception (21.1) after he recorded 39 receptions for 823 yards and seven touchdowns.
- As a junior in 2016, he set an NCAA FBS record against Ohio State for yards per reception (73.7) when he caught three passes for 221 yards with all three resulting in touchdowns (60, 83 and 78 yards).
- At Jefferson High School in Tampa, Moore led the football team to an undefeated season and a Class 3A State Championship as a senior. Moore made 49 catches for 1,500 yards, averaging 30.6 yards per reception, and 21 touchdowns.
- Check out this highlight of Moore downing a punt at the one-yard line with an acrobatic flip.
Join the Houston Texans family by signing up for the FREE Priority Waitlist here.