Spring Cleaning Sale!
It’s time to make room in your closet for lots of great new Texans gear! Stock up at our Spring Cleaning Sale April 20-21 with 20% off the entire store!*
*Excludes sale and value items
Store details - http://www.houstontexans.com/gotexanstore.html
The 2015 Houston Texans Draft Party presented by Coors Light isThursday, April 30 at NRG Stadium. The Draft Party begins at 5 p.m. CDT and the 2015 NFL Draft begins at 7 p.m. CDT.
NFL Network’s draft coverage will be shown on the HD televisions throughout the 100 Level Concourse and Texans Radio on SportsRadio 610 will broadcast live, with commentary and analysis from “The Voice of the Texans,” Marc Vandermeer, and a number of special guests. When the Texans make their first-round pick, fans at the Draft Party will hear from the player first as part of Texans Radio’s live broadcast.
Texans Ambassadors will be on hand to sign autographs throughout the evening. Texans fans can also get their first glimpse of the 2015 Houston Texans Cheerleaders when the squad makes its debut performance at the event.
Young fans can play in the TORO’s Kids Club Zone presented by Kroger, which will feature interactive games, a balloon artist and appearances by TORO and Deep Steel Thunder. Fans can also take photos in Memory Alley located on the concourse.
Get more information on the event here.
Stop by the Go Texan Store on Friday, April 10, 2015 from 12:30pm - 1:30pm to meet a TBD Houston Texans Ambassador. Fans can also enjoy a 10% off Power Hour discount in the Go Texan Store during the event!
Store info - http://www.houstontexans.com/gotexanstore.html
Stop by the Houston Texans Grille (I-10 & Beltway 8) on Day 3 of the NFL Draft, Saturday, May 2 from 10:30am – 6:30pm for a chance to announce a Texans Draft Pick live on TV or chance to win tons of other prizes!
All of the Texans draft picks that day will be made by Texans fans live from the Grille, with at least one on NFL Network and the rest on NFL.com.
Texans Radio with Voice of the Texans, Marc Vandermeer and special guests, will be broadcasting LIVE the entire time. Plus, Houston Texans Cheerleaders and Ambassadors will be there for autographs and pictures!
Tune in to KTRK ABC 13 in Houston on Sunday, May 3 at 11pm to catch the Texans TV special, Texans All Access: 2015 Draft. This will be an exclusive look into the day of the Texans first round draft pick, as well as an analysis of all the 2015 Texans draft picks from Texans TV Insiders.
Fans throughout Texas, be sure to check your local TV listings for air dates and times in your area.
The Houston Texans are proud to partner with GE and Houston Methodist to launch the Play Safe Moms Clinic just for football moms on May 13th!
This free clinic will provide moms with the latest safety information in concussion awareness, proper hydration and nutrition to prepare them for the upcoming football season. These classroom-style instructions and interactive football drills will take place in the Houston Methodist Training Center.
Space is limited, so register today at http://www.houstontexans.com/kids/momclinic.html!
Are you motivated, outgoing and passionate? Well then, we're looking for you to audition for the Houston Texans Gridiron Gang gameday entertainment team on Sunday, May 17 from 1-3pm at the Hosuton Methodist Training Center.
For more info and to regsiter, click this link - http://www.houstontexans.com/fan-zone/gridiron2.html
TRANSACTIONS: Selected by Houston Texans with the first pick in the seventh round (216th overall) of 2014 NFL Draft.
• Appeared in 50 games and made 133 career tackles with six interceptions and 37 passes defensed
• Named Second Team All-SEC by both the league head coaches and Associated Press.
• Also recognized on Athlons’ postseason All-SEC unit
• Earned 11 starts as a senior
• Voted by teammates as defensive co-captain
• Finished with 49 total tackles, including 33 solo stops, three interceptions and a fumble recovery
• Added 6.5 tackles for loss
• Topped the SEC and ranked among NCAA leaders with 18 passes defensed
• Earned postseason invitation to Reese’s Senior Bowl
• Earned Second Team All-Southeastern Conference recognition from the AP
• Started all 13 games at cornerback, registering 48 total tackles
• Contributed 36 solo stops and topped the Commodore secondary with 14 passes defensed
• Ranked second on team with two interceptions
• Named SEC Defensive Player of the Week after recording two interceptions versus Tennessee and totaling 68 return yards to set up touchdowns
• Served as the Commodores’ leading kick returner and was a key player in the secondary
• Contributed 21 total tackles
• Posted first career interception at South Carolina
• As a kickoff returner, averaged 23.8 yards, racking up 738 yards on 31 returns, including a 96-yard touchdown return against Georgia
• One of five true freshmen to play in the Commodore secondary
• Broke into the starting lineup late in the season after serving much of the year as a reserve defensive back and special teams contributor
• Played in all 12 games, earning starts at cornerback against Florida and Wake Forest
• As a return specialist late in season, averaged 23.6 yards on 11 kickoff returns
• Senior captain and four-year starter
• Named defensive MVP as senior for school located across Mississippi River from Baton Rouge
• Helped Pelicans play for district title and advance to first round of 3A state playoffs
• Contributed 53 total tackles and four INTs as senior, earning first team 3A All-State honors after returning five kickoffs for scores
• Also had three touchdown receptions
• Averaged nearly 40 yards as punt returner
• Added All-District honors
• As junior, posted five INTs
• Standout in basketball and track & field and former starter on hoops squad
• Member of 3A state champion 4x200-meter relay foursome that also set state record
• Andre Jeroy Hal
• Son of Lisa West and Andre Hal Sr.
• Has two older sisters, Tyguencia and Alancia
• Mother owns two beauty salons, father works in construction
• Father played college football
7th-rounder Andre Hal might be in the mix to see time at the nickel CB position. But of what might he be ultimately capable? Texans Insider John Harris speculated in this installment of "The Briefing".
Watch Vanderbilt DB Andre Hal work out at the 2014 NFL Scouting Combine.