HOUSTON TEXANS 3**
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS 34
Sunday, Oct. 6, 2013
*1 2 3 4 T *
San Francisco 49ers 14 7 3 10 34
Houston Texans 0 0 3 0 3
TEXANS TEAM NOTES
- Moved to 2-3 on the season and 1-2 all-time against San Francisco with the loss.
- Fell to 2-5 all-time on Sunday Night and 1-2 under Head Coach Gary Kubiak.
- Outgained the 49ers 313-284 and won the time of possession 33:52-26:08.
- Defense held opponents to under 200 yards passing for the fifth consecutive game.
- Failed to score a touchdown for the second time this season and 12th time in franchise history
- Had the second lowest point total in franchise history, scoring 3 points six other times, most recently at Tampa Bay on Dec. 14, 2003.
- Won the toss and elected to receive.
- Houston's captains for the game were ILB Brian Cushing, WR Andre Johnson,*P Shane Lechler, QBMatt Schauband DEJ.J. Watt.*
- Inactive players for the Texans were QB Case Keenum, WR Lestar Jean, ILB Tim Dobbins, T Andrew Gardner, G Brandon Brooks, OLB Sam Montgomery and DE Tim Jamison.
- Houston's third-quarter scoring drive spanned 43 yards on 7 plays and lasted 2:36, capped by a 41-yard field goal by Bullock.
INDIVIDUAL PLAYER NOTES
- K Randy Bullock connected on a 41-yard field goal in the third quarter.
- DE Jared Crick had a career-high two passes defensed
- ILB Brian Cushing led the team in tackles with six (five solo)
- TEOwen Daniels caught a pass in his 88th consecutive regular season game on a 10-yard pass in the first quarter.
- Daniels,*playing in his 100th career game, *had six receptions for 60 yards.
- RBArian Foster had 21 rushes for 98 yards, including a long of 16 yards.
- WRAndre Johnson extended his streak of consecutive games played with a reception to 106 and his franchise record or games played to 144.
- Johnson had three receptions for 39 yards, including a long of 19.
- S Shiloh Keo had his first punt return of the season in the second quarter and returned it 9 yards.
- WR Keshawn Martin had five kick returns for 120 yards, including a long of 49, the longest by a Texan this season.
- Martin's 14-yard reception in the first quarter set a career-high mark for yards receiving in a season from 2012 when he had 10 receptions for 85 yards. Martin now has six receptions for 92 yards this season.
- OLB Whitney Mercilus sacked Collin Kaepernick for a 6-yard loss in the third quarter, bringing him to 4.5 sacks on the season, leading the Texans in 2013.
- G Cody White made his NFL and Texans debut on the first quarter field goal attempt.
- The attendance for the game was 69,732.