Houston Texans (3-1) Dallas Cowboys (2-3)
Thursday, August 29, 2013
* 1 2 3 4 T *
Houston Texans 7 7 3 7 24
Dallas Cowboys 0 3 0 3 6
Paid Attendance: 76,856
WITH THE WIN…
- The Texans maintained possession of the Governor's Cup.
- Houston improved to 4-3 all-time in the preseason against Dallas.
- Houston posted its first win in four preseason trips to Dallas.
- Houston finished with a 3-1 preseason record for the third consecutive year.
- Houston finished 2-0 on the road in the preseason.
- Head Coach Gary Kubiak improved 19-13 in the preseason.
TEXANS TEAM NOTES
- Houston had seven sacks in the game and set a franchise record with 18 sacks this preseason. The previous record was 17, set in 2011. Five different players recorded sacks for the Texans against the Cowboys: DE Delano Johnson2.0, OLB Bryan Braman1.5, OLB Trevardo Williams1.5, DE Keith Browner1.5 and NT Chris Jones0.5.
- Houston eclipsed 400 yards of offense for the fourth time this preseason, gaining 427 yards against the Cowboys. It was the fourth-most yards gained by the franchise ever in a preseason game.
- Houston rushed 190 yards on 40 carries. It marked the second-most rushing yards in a game by the Texans in franchise preseason history.
- The Texans outgained the Cowboys 252-140 in the first half and 175-79 in the second half.
- Houston outgained Dallas 138-52 in the first quarter. The Texans ran for 123 yards in the first quarter on 10 attempts (12.3) average.
- Houston went 93 yards in 6 plays, eating up 3:35 on the clock on its first drive, ending with a 5-yard touchdown run by RB Dennis Johnson.The Texans ran for 78 yards on the drive.
- Dallas won the toss and elected to receive.
- Houston's captains for the game were QB Case Keenum, QB T.J. Yates,DE Tim Jamisonand NT Terrell McClain.
INDIVIDUAL PLAYER NOTES
- TE Ryan Griffin caught five passes for 87 yards and set a franchise record with his 14th catch of the preseason. He also ranks third in franchise history with 173 yards receiving this preseason.
- Griffincaught his 13th pass of the preseason and fourth pass of the game on Houston's last drive of the second quarter. With the reception, Griffin tied WR Kevin Walter's single-preseason franchise record for receptions, set in 2008.
- WR Lestar Jeanset a franchise single-preseason record with his third touchdown reception of the preseason on a 27-yard pass from Case Keenumin the second quarter.
- Jeanalso moved into second place on the team's single-preseason receiving yards list with 177 on his 27-yard touchdown grab, in front of Sloan Thomas (166 in 2005) and Kevin Walter (166 in 2008).
- RB Dennis Johnson carried the ball five times for 42 yards and a touchdown in the first quarter. He also had a 29-yard punt return. Johnson finished the game with 79 yards on 17 carries.
- QB Case Keenumset a franchise single-preseason record with 442 yards passing, besting David Carr's record of 441, set in 2002. Keenum set the mark on a 27-yard touchdown pass to WR Lestar Jeanin the second quarter.
- RB Cierre Woodrushed for 107 yards on 19 carries. It marked the third-most rushing yards by a Texan in a preseason game in franchise history. Justin Forsett had 114 yards against Minnesota on Aug. 30, 2012 and Arian Foster had 110 yards against Dallas on Aug. 28, 2010 against Dallas.
- Wood'sperformance marked the third time a Texan eclipsed the 100-yard rushing mark in a preseason game in franchise history.
- Wood's41-yard run in the first quarter was the longest by the Texans this preseason. Wood carried five times for 81 yards in the first quarter (16.2 average).
- QB T.J. Yatestied Sage Rosenfels' 2007 franchise record with his fourth touchdown pass of the preseason, a 21-yard scoring throw to WR Andy Crusein the fourth quarter.