J.J. Watt's interception return for a touchdown gave the Texans a 14-10 advangate, and a lead they wouldn't relinquish. With the Bills in the red zone at the start of the second half, they were in position to score again and go up 13-7 or even 17-7 on Houston.
Then, Watt took the ball and the Bills' momentum away as he sprinted 79 yards for the score and whipped the NRG Stadium crowd into a frenzy.
What follows are quotes from after the game about Watt's play and impact on the outcome, which was a 23-17 victory to push the Texans to 3-1 in 2014.
1. Chairman/CEO Bob McNair: "Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. I mean, what next? I couldn't believe
it. I just kept saying over and over again that it was unbelievable and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Then, he outran their team. I told him in the locker room that I was worried he was going to collapse on the 40-yard line. That's pretty tough duty for a guy who has been in there pounding all game to try and go that distance."
2. Head coach Bill O'Brien: "I mean the roof almost came off on that one. I mean the crowd was so loud, it was just a great play. He's a very instinctive, great player. It really turned the game, no question about it."
3. Buffalo head coach Doug Marrone: "You don't become defensive player of the year if you don't have an impact on a lot of football games, and he does."
- LT Duane Brown**: "Awareness. He caught a touchdown a couple weeks ago. I think he has it in the back of his mind to catch passes instead of batting them down now. To sprint 80 yards and have no one close to catch him was very impressive."
5. Buffalo RB Fred Jackson: "That's just a typical play that he makes... Every other end I've done that to it's the look we want, we want that guy crashing and let me go free without touching me and he did that. Like I said, that's just an individual making a play... they didn't pay him all that money for no reason."
6. ILB Brian Cushing: "Every time he steps on to the field something tremendous could happen."
- Buffalo QB E.J. Manuel**: "We knew coming in that he was going to have his opportunity to make plays or that he was going to get in the back as much as he could."
8. QB Ryan Fitzpatrick: "I looked up and I thought for sure he was going to get caught, you know, but he got a nice little block, whoever it was, on EJ Manuel and J.J. went for 80. What a great part of the game for us for that to happen."
9. Buffalo OG Cyril Richardson: "He's one of the reasons why the outcome came to what it was."
10. RB Arian Foster: "Special cat, special play."
11. WR DeAndre Hopkins: "You can't describe that guy. He scored an 80-yard touchdown, what's next for him?"
12. CB Kareem Jackson: "I was just trying to get in the way. The big fella has some wheels on him, so I figured if I got in the way than he would take it to the house. It was a big point in the game and it was huge for us to get seven points."
- RB C.J. Spiller**: "That's a huge play. If we go in there and we score, we take the momentum in the game. He showed why he is probably the best defensive player in this league."
14. WR Andre Johnson: "He affects the game in so many ways. Offensively, he can go out and catch touchdowns. He picks the ball off and runs it back for a touchdown, so he's deserving of everything he's gotten."
15. CB Johnathan Joseph: "I knew there was no way they were going to catch him because he's a great athlete to just make the catch alone but better yet run it in open space, nobody can catch him."
The Texans take on the Buffalo Bills in Week 4 at NRG Stadium.
- S Kendrick Lewis**: "The guy's a monster man. I love watching him play. I'm glad to be a teammate of his."
18. NT Ryan Pickett: "It's amazing because I always watch him on tape and knew he was a good player but to play alongside of him, I mean, he's amazing. He's probably the best defensive lineman I've ever played with."
19. S D.J. Swearinger: "It was the play of the game. When we were down, both of sides weren't doing so well, but it was a big play by a big-time player, heart of the team and we expect him to play like that."