Get to know running back Mark Ingram II, signed as a free agent on March 24, 2021.
Name: Mark Ingram II
Position: Running back
Height/Weight: 5-9, 215
Hometown: Flint, Michigan
Get to know Mark:
- Ingram, now entering his 11th NFL season, is a three-time Pro Bowl selection (2014, 2017, 2019) and owns a career 7,324 rushing yards and 62 touchdowns on 1,595 carries (4.6 average). He has also recorded 260 catches for 1,895 receiving yards (7.3 average) and 10 touchdowns.
- Since 2014, Ingram's 4.73 rushing yard average ranks second among NFL running backs (min. 800 attempts), trailing only Derrick Henry (4.96 average).
- Ingram's first career NFL touchdown came against the Texans on September 25, 2011.
- His father, Mark Ingram Sr., was a former wide receiver who played 10 NFL seasons (1987-1996). Ingram Sr. was the New York Giants top receiver with five catches for 77 yards in Super Bowl XXV against the Buffalo Bills.
- He spent his last two seasons (2019-20) with the Baltimore Ravens. In 2019, he scored 15 total touchdowns, tying a Ravens' franchise record.
- Ingram was Baltimore's leading rusher with 202 carries and 10 rushing touchdowns and ranked second in the NFL with 1,018 rushing yards in 2019.
- Ingram hosted a podcast named "Truss Levelz" with former Saints teammate, All-Pro defensive end Cameron Jordan last year.
- The New Orleans Saints selected Ingram in the first round (28th overall) in the 2011 NFL Draft. Ingram played eight seasons (2011-18) in New Orleans and became the Saints' all-time rushing leader in touchdowns (50) in 2018.
- As a sophomore at the University of Alabama, Ingram was named the 2009 Heisman Trophy winner. He was the Crimson Tide's first-ever Heisman winner.
- Ingram also led the Alabama to its first BCS Championship in 2009, leading the SEC and ranking fourth nationally with a school-record 1,658 rushing yards and 17 touchdowns. He also added 32 receptions for 334 yards and three touchdowns.
- Ingram was named the National Championship Offensive MVP with his performance against Texas after rushing for 116 yards and two touchdowns.
- In high school, Ingram ran track & field and was a nine-time All-State selection.
- At this year's NFL Draft, Ingram helped raise money for pandemic recovery at the NFL's Draft-A-Thon. His daughter made a few unexpected cameo appearances.
Join the Houston Texans family by signing up for the FREE Priority Waitlist here.
The Houston Texans roster in photos.