Here are five things you need to know about offensive lineman Max Scharping, the Texans 2019 second-round draft pick (55th overall):
Full name: Max Scharping
School: Northern Illinois
Position: Offensive Tackle
Height/Weight: 6-6, 317
Hometown: Green Bay, Wisconsin
1. Scharping started every game for the last four seasons at Northern Illinois (2015-18). Last season, he didn’t even miss a single snap as the Huskies won a MAC Championship.
“Yeah I started every game through four years – 53 starts,” Scharping said. “So, I feel like durability is one of the best aspects of my game.”
2. In December, Scharping graduated with a master’s degree in exercise physiology and a 3.99 GPA.
3. He bought all the Texans gear at his local mall in Green Bay after being drafted
4. Scharping is the first graduate of a Green Bay high school to be drafted in three decades.
5. He grew up a fan of the Green Bay Packers and J.J. Watt, whom he watched while at Wisconsin.
Follow Max Scharping on social media:
OL Max Scharping of Northern Illinois was picked in the 2nd round at 55th overall by the Houston Texans. (via AP Images)