Get to know wide receiver Alex Erickson, signed as an unrestricted free agent on March 30, 2021.
Name: Alex Erickson
Position: Wide receiver
Height/Weight: 6-0, 195
Hometown: Darlington, Wisconsin
Get to know Alex:
- An undrafted college free agent in 2016, Erickson signed with the Cincinnati Bengals where he played for five seasons (2016-2020).
- Erickson has never missed a game in his NFL career. He has seen action in 80 games with 14 starts, catching 93 passes for 1,086 yards (11.7 average) and one receiving touchdown. He has also added 18 carries for 78 yards.
- On special teams, Erickson has returned 108 kickoffs for 2,672 yards, averaging 24.7 yards per kick. He has fielded 135 punts for 1,074 yards, averaging 8.0 yards per punt return.
- In the 2016 Christmas-Eve matchup between the Bengals and the Texans, Erickson fielded a single-game career-high six punts for Cincinnati.
- Erickson's longest punt return was for 38 yards at the Baltimore Ravens on November 25, 2018. His longest kickoff return was for 84 yards at the New York Giants on November 14, 2016.
- Erickson played three seasons (2013-15) at the University of Wisconsin. He earned first-team All-Big Ten honors from the media as a senior.
- He originally joined the Badgers program late as a walk-on and then redshirted his freshman year in 2012.
- In high school, Erickson played both quarterback and defensive back. He also was a three-time all-state selection in basketball and earned four letters in track and field.
- Last season, Erickson caught 12 passes for 139 yards (11.6 average) and returned 23 punts for 232 yards (10.1 average).
Experience gameday together. Browse tickets here.