Check out our series highlighting new 2021 player signings for the Houston Texans.
Get to know wide receiver Donte Moncrief, signed as an unrestricted free agent on March 22, 2021.
Name: Donte Moncrief
Position: Wide Receiver
Height, Weight: 6-2, 216
Hometown: Raleigh, Mississippi
Get to know Donte:
- Moncrief spent his first five NFL seasons in the AFC South after being drafted by the Indianapolis Colts in the third round of the 2014 Draft. He played four seasons with the Colts, catching 18 touchdown passes, before the Jacksonville Jaguars signed him as a free agent in 2018.
- In his eight-year career, Moncrief has recorded five 100-yard receiving games: at Pittsburgh (10/26/14), vs. Washington (11/30/14), vs. Tampa Bay (11/29/15) and twice vs. the N.Y. Jets (9/21/15 and 9/30/18).
- During his 2012 sophomore season at Ole Miss, Moncrief tied a school record with 10 touchdown receptions and earned an All-SEC selection. He went on to finish third in Rebels history with 156 receptions, 2,371 receiving yards and 20 touchdowns in three years.
- At Raleigh High School, Moncrief was the MVP of the school's basketball team and a two-time Class 3A state champion in the long jump.
- Moncrief was the youngest of four children in his family. His dad, Spencer, was a Baptist reverend and his mother, Nineta, a stay-at-home mom.
- In 2020, Moncrief added kick returner as part of his job responsibilities during his stint with the New England Patriots. He had seven kickoff returns for 165 yards, a single-season career high, averaging 23.6 yards per return.
Join the Houston Texans family by signing up for the FREE Priority Waitlist here.