There are many things the Texans look for in drafting a quarterback.
General manager Rick Smith pinpointed 10 of them during a Friday press conference at NRG Stadium.
"I've been asked that question a lot," Smith said. "I think there are a lot of variables that go into successful quarterback play."
In his words, here's a checklist of what Smith and the Texans need to see when picking a quarterback in the
- "Leadership is one."
- "Work ethic"
- "The ability to rally people"
- "The ability to be able to command a room"
- "The ability to handle adversity"
- "The arm strength"
- "The athletic ability"
- "There's certain size – height, weight and speed – parameters that ideally we look for"
- "His playing history"
- "The style of offense that he has come from"