Here are five things you need to know about cornerback Xavier Crawford, the Texans 2019 sixth-round draft pick (195th overall):
Name: Xavier Crawford
School: Central Michigan
Height/Weight: 5-11, 187
Hometown: Pittsburg, California
1. Crawford is the first-ever player drafted by the Houston Texans from Central Michigan.
2. He finished his degree in three years at Oregon State, but after a season-ending back injury in 2017, transferred to CMU.
"I had to get back to the basics," Crawford said. "I took some time off. I was injured, so I got time to study the game, become more of a student. I just knew when I got my opportunity to play on the field again that I was going to make the most of it. When I went out there, I kind of had a 'take no prisoners' attitude and whatever happens, happens."
3. Named First-Team All-Mid-American Conference, Crawford ranked first in the MAC for his 12 passes defensed in 2018. He also recorded 24 tackles, three tackles for a loss, one interception and two fumble recoveries.
4. The former high school track athlete used to run the 100- and 200-meter sprints, helping his team capture the 2014 league title. At his Pro Day, he ran a blazing 4.3-second 40-yard dash.
5. Xavier has two younger brothers, Xander and Xeryus.
Follow Xavier Crawford on social media:
The Texans picked Central Michigan cornerback Xavier Crawford in the 6th round (195th overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft. (AP images)