Here are five things you need to know about defensive end Charles Omenihu, the Texans 2019 fifth-round draft pick (161st overall):
Name: Charles Omenihu
Position: Defensive end
Height/Weight: 6-5, 280
Hometown: Rowlett, Texas
1. Omenihu was born in Houston but his family moved to Garland a year after he was born.
2. He wore No. 7 in high school and No. 90 at Texas because he was a fan of Jadeveon Clowney. He'll wear No. 94 as a Texan.
3. Omenihu's father, Sunday, and mother, Regina, immigrated from Nigeria.
4. Named Big 12 Defensive Lineman of the Year last season, Omenihu started 33-of-51 career games at @TexasFootball and totaled 99 tackles (68 solo), 29.5 tackles for loss, 17 sacks, 12 quarterback hurries, three forced fumbles and a fumble recovery.
5. Omenihu lost his lifelong friend, Newton Ananti to a heart defect at age 19. Ananti and Omenihu were teammates at Rowlett. Omenihu's Twitter profile says "R.I.P. Newt" in memory of his good friend.
Follow Charles Omenihu on social media:
From the University of Texas, DE Charles Omenihu was picked by the Texans in the 5th round (161st overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft. (via AP Images)