Running back Ryan Moats is beginning his second season with the Texans. The speedy back sat down with HoustonTexans.com to discuss a number of topics, including his summer internship in graphic design.
- How has your training camp gone so far?
"It's going good, I'm getting everything down. I'm just trying to get consistent with it and get comfortable. It's getting there."
- Do you feel any pressure in the competition for a spot at running back?
"I don't feel any pressure, I just have to do what I can do and try to be as consistent as I can be and let the chips fall where they may."
- What are some unique things that you bring to the Texans offense?
"I don't know if its unique because there are a lot of guys on this team that have the same thing: heart, speed and flat-out going out there and giving it their all."
- What do you feel you've improved on since last season?
"Consistency. That was my main goal coming into this training camp, was to be consistent with everything. I think that's what I have improved on."
- What kind of opportunity do the preseason games present for you?
"Preseason games are important for a lot of different players, and everybody is in their own level of play like a fifth -ear player, first-year or a rookie. It's not that you have to prove anything, it's just another opportunity to show the whole league what you can do."
- What goals have you set for yourself this year?
"To be an important part of the puzzle for the team winning. Everything I can do to help us win, I will do."
- You completed a summer internship in graphic design. How was that experience?
"It was great, it was a lot of fun. It's a second passion of mine besides football, and I had a blast and learned a lot."
- What are some other things that you do away from the football field?
"I do a football camp along with working out and the graphic stuff. That's what I hang on to."
- How do you stay focused through the long days of training camp?
"I keep my head in the book and try to take it one day at a time. I try to focus on one thing at a time every day. Let's say on the first day you mess up something, the next day you try to correct that mess-up. You have to keep building as you go."
- Some of your teammates have been saying the motto for this season is "Playoffs or Bust." What's your take on that?
"I know a lot of other people have expectations for this team and for the guys here, but I think these guys have their own expectations for themselves. In order for us to do that, we have to put that on ourselves."