Getting to know the 2011 Texans, 10 Questions at a time.
Brooks Reed (6-2, 263) was selected by the Texans with the 42nd overall pick in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft. A native of Tucson, Ariz., Reed will compete with Connor Barwin for playing time at strongside linebacker this season.
Reed answered 10 questions for HoustonTexans.com after practice during the second week of training camp.
1. How is training camp going for you so far?
"It's been a great learning experience. I am changing positions and moving up to the NFL level and NFL speed, so it's definitely helping with that. It's going to be challenging, but at the same time, it's fun and it's something I like to do."
2. What are you most excited about for this season?"The new defense and the new coaches. I love my coaches and I'm happy to play for them. I love my new position and I can't wait to see what I can do."
3. What do you like most about Houston so far?"I haven't done that much during training camp. I've seen a movie and that's about it. I do not have much time for anything else besides football during training camp."
4. Favorite training camp meal?
5. Favorite TV show of all time?
6. First Car?
"1989 Ford F250."
7. What are some of your hobbies off the field?
"Right now, if I ever get time to relax, I stay off my feet and watch TV. I'm an outdoors kind of guy, and I like doing that stuff."
8. Who on the team have you hung out the most with?
"A lot of the rookies – Shiloh Keo and Cheta (Ozougwu), my roommate."
9. What's currently on your iPod?
"Everything. I've got everything on there. I've got metal, I've got alternative, I've got reggae, rap, everything."
10. What's the proudest moment of your football career?
"Getting drafted by the Texans."