Each week throughout the 2007 season, we will conduct interviews with players and stream them live on Texans TV. We start out this "Texans Live" series with perhaps the most surprising rookie in the NFL this preseason, wide receiver Jacoby Jones.
The best part about this series of live interviews is that fans can submit their own questions for the player by clicking here. Please include your name and where you're from. We will announce next week's guest in the coming days. Check back soon for updates.
Click on the window to the right to view the archived version of the Jacoby Jones interview. Below is a transcript of the interview.
1) Jason Reyes: In the preseason, who took you down in the hardest hit?
Jacoby Jones:I'd say when I caught the slant and I was already down and Roy Williams came (to) double (team) and that hurt me pretty bad. (He) knocked some dirt on my shoe. It was the Dallas game. He got me. It's cool. I can run with it.
2) Matt Julie: What's the hardest part about adjusting to the NFL?
Jacoby Jones:The heat, first of all. The heat in Houston. And then learning the concepts and the playbook and everything, but guys on the team helped me out with that a lot and took me under their wings - guys like Andre Johnson and everybody else.
3) Reagan Kneese: Do you get compared a lot to (Chicago Bears returner) Devin Hester, and if so do you like that comparison?
Jacoby Jones:I wouldn't mind being compared to him because he's a great returner in the NFL and he set some marks that everybody else has got to catch up to. So I'll take that one too.
4) Susie Charter: What's the first thing you bought when signed your NFL contract?
Jacoby Jones:I took care of my mother. I took her and surprised her with her dream car, which is a Range Rover. That's the first thing I did. She took care of me so she deserves it.
5) Ford Gunter: What has it been like having your jersey sell out during the preseason?
Jacoby Jones: I didn't even know that. That's overwhelming. But I appreciate all the fans. I love Houston. They get me going before the game. They get loud in the stadium. It's awesome. All 70,000.
6) Justin Feinberg: Who on the team has been your best mentor, and what has been the best advice he's given you?
Jacoby Jones:I'd have to say every receiver. First off with Andre (Johnson), he told me to just relax and play my game and be confident. Kevin (Walter) has helped me out with the mental parts. And when Keenan (McCardell) was here, Keenan helped me out. Just about all the receivers (have helped me). (Their advice is) stay humble and stay relaxed and play your game. That's what helped me out a lot in camp as well. I hope I keep playing like this. I pray I keep playing like this.
7) LuAnn Macey: I know you are close with your mom. Have you gotten her anything special since you've been on the team?
Jacoby Jones:I gave her my first NFL touchdown game ball that I scored in Arizona. So I kept that game ball and gave her that. She put it in a glass box. But I don't think it's better than the Range Rover she got.
8) Jeremy Solomon: Do you think the Texans will make the playoffs this year for the first time?
Jacoby Jones:I'm not going to predict anything. But we're going to take it a game at a time and try to win every one of them.
9) Greg Davis:What's the most important thing you've learned while playing sports and what would you like to pass along to young athletes?
Jacoby Jones:Whatever sport you play, play likes it's your last time to do it. Whatever sport you play. And just push yourself no matter what.
10) Bob Gwen: If there is anything you can be other than a professional football player, what would you be?
Jacoby Jones:I would coach. I like to help out people. I actually coached in the spring at my school. At Lane College in the spring, I helped out the receivers. I'd like to coach.
11) Darren Galloay:Are you going to deliver points-wise (in fantasy football)?
Jacoby Jones:I'm just going to try my best to play a role. And help the team out when it's time to make play, make plays.