Each week throughout the 2007 season, we will conduct interviews with players and stream them live on Texans TV. This week, we feature defensive end Mario Williams, who is coming off his best performance as a pro in the win against the Kansas City Chiefs.
The best part about this series of live interviews is that fans can submit their own questions for the player by clicking here. Please include your name and where you're from.
Click on the window to the right to view the archived version of the Mario Williams interview. Below is a transcript of the interview.
1) Michael Dugat (Dallas, TX): How does it feel to have more touchdowns than Reggie Bush?
Mario Williams: It feels great. Maybe you'll come to the game, and they might move me to running back and see what happens. Nah! But, it feels great having a touchdown under my belt, being that was my first this past week. It was something I'll always remember. And it was a great way to start off the season.
2) Scott Shore: How did it feel going into the opener this year compared to last year?
Mario Williams: I was a lot more comfortable, a lot more relaxed - just feeling it. You know, last year was basically just going out there, running around, trying to make things happen. So I would say I'm a lot more comfortable now.
3) Doug Lacy (Clear Lake, TX): Does the "the "shh" to your mouth after you get a sack or do something really good, is that for the press, telling them you're silencing them?
Mario Williams: I really can't reveal that information right now. Really, it was just something I was doing. I'll probably switch it up now though – now that I have a couple of sacks under my belt. I'll probably switch it up do something different.
4) Doug Lacy (Clear Lake, TX): Most good defenses have nicknames. Do want to nickname your defense?
Mario Williams: I would say to nickname our defense would be – just physical. I mean, that's the thing we're trying to portray this year. If we had a nickname, I would say physical.
5) Karl Meyer (Round Rock, TX): Congratulations on a breakout game last week. I know we'll see another nice performance this weekend by you. I don't really have a question… I just want you to kick some Panther butt.
Mario Williams: I'll do my best. We've got a great challenge this week, but I will do my best and, hopefully, go out there and get better and do better than I did last week.
6) Daryl Micham (Jal, NM): What is the biggest difference for you from last year to this year?
Mario Williams: Having everything that I went through last year, I think I've seen just about everything possible as far as playing different positions and trying to learn different positions, the adversity, the foot injury – things like that. So this year, I'm a lot more comfortable with what I'm doing and I'm just out there playing ball right now.
7) Reagan Kneese (Houston, TX): Have you called Chad Johnson to pick up and touchdown dances?
Mario Williams: No, I really haven't. You can't duplicate what Chad does. His stuff is just crazy. I don't know where he gets it from. I haven't had a chance to talk to him, but maybe I'll just take lead of what he's doing and just copy it a little bit.
Texans Live archive
- Jacoby Jones - Sept. 6