The Texans are back in action this weekend after the Week 10 Bye. The Titans await in Nashville, as the AFC South foes square off for the first time since Week 17 of last season.
The franchises share a wealth of connections, and a few of those more notable links are listed below.
- Six former Texans are now Tennessee Titans. OL Ben Jones, OL David Quessenberry, K Randy Bullock, OL Kendall Lamm, RB D'Onta Foreman and TE MyCole Pruitt all spent time in Houston.
- Texans DB Desmond King ll played for the Titans in the latter half of the 2020 season.
- Five former Texans assistant coaches are now coaching in Tennessee. Head Coach Mike Vrabel was a Texans Linebackers Coach from 2014-2016 and then the Defensive Coordinator in 2017. Defensive Coordinator Shane Bowen was a Texans Defensive Assistant in 2016 and 2017. Quarterbacks Coach Pat O'Hara was an offensive assistant from 2015 to 2017 with Houston. Secondary Coach Anthony Midget was an Assistant Secondary Coach for the Texans from 2014 through 2017 and the Secondary Coach in 2018 and 2019. Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach Brian Bell held the same job with the Texans from 2015 through 2017.
- Head Coach David Culley played collegiately in Nashville at Vanderbilt and was later an Assistant Coach for the Commodores.
- LB Zach Cunningham played college football at Vanderbilt.
- Foreman grew up in Texas City, where he played high school ball for the Stingarees.
- Titans WR Marcus Johnson was born and raised in League City and played in high school for Clear Springs.
- Bullock was the kicker at Klein High School, just outside of Houston.
- Titans OLB Ola Adeniyi graduated from George Bush High School in Richmond, TX.
The next time you can see the Texans at NRG Stadium will be on November 28 as they host the New York Jets in Week 12. Kickoff is set for noon CT. Click here for tickets.