There's an AFC South rumble at NRG Stadium this Sunday, as the Texans (2-9) host the Colts (6-6) at noon CT. Indianapolis had a three-game win streak snapped last weekend by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, while Houston fell, 21-14, at home to the Jets.
The two franchises met earlier this season at Lucas Oil Stadium, with the Colts cruising to a 31-3 win in Week 6.
They're very familiar with each other, and not just because they play twice yearly.
The Texans Media Relations team compiled the relations between the two teams, and a few of the more notable ones are listed below.
- Since their last meeting, the Colts added former Texans DB Jahleel Addae. He played in all 16 games for Houston in 2019, intercepting a pair of passes that year and finishing with 45 tackles.
- Texans OL Cole Toner was born in Greenwood, Indiana and played high school football at Roncalli in Indianapolis.
- Texans CB Tremon Smith played 10 games with Indianapolis last season.
- Houston Passing Game Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach Pep Hamilton was the Colts Offensive Coordinator from 2013 through 2015.
- Texans Special Teams Coordinator Frank Ross was an Assistant Special Teams Coach with the Colts the last three seasons.
- General Manager Chris Ballard was born in Galveston and grew up in Texas City.
- There are several former Texans who are now Colts. OL Julién Davenport, DB Anthony Chesley and WR Keke Coutee all played regular-season games for the Texans.
- Colts DB Andrew Sendejo played his college ball at Rice University.
- LB Matthew Adams is from Missouri City, played at Hightower High School and then at the University of Houston.
See the Texans host the Colts on December 5 at NRG Stadium in Week 13.Kickoff is set for noon CT. Click here for tickets