The Texans (1-4) travel north to face a familiar foe in AFC South rival Indianapolis (1-4). The Colts are coming off an overtime Monday Night Football defeat at Baltimore, while Houston was edged, 25-22, by New England at NRG Stadium.
The division opponents share several connections with each other, and the more notable ones are listed below.
These connections were compiled in large part by the Texans Media Relations team:
- Colts General Manager Chris Ballard was born in Galveston and grew up in Texas City.
- Texans CB Tremon Smith played 10 games with Indianapolis last season.
Check out the best photos of the Houston Texans Week 5 matchup with the New England Patriots.
- There are several former Texans who are now Colts. OL Julién Davenport, DB Anthony Chesley, WR Keke Coutee and S Ibraheim Campbell all spent time in Houston over the past few years.
- Houston Passing Game Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach Pep Hamilton was the Colts Offensive Coordinator from 2013 through 2015.
- Texans Special Teams Coordinator Frank Ross was an Assistant Special Teams Coach with the Colts the last three seasons.
- Colts DB Andrew Sendejo played his college ball at Rice University.
- LB Matthew Adams is from Missouri City, played at Hightower High School and then at the University of Houston.
Tune in this weekend as the Texans travel to Indianapolis to face the Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium.
The next time you can see the Texans at NRG Stadium will be on October 31 as they host the Los Angeles Rams in Week 8. Kick off is set for noon CT. Click here for tickets.
The Houston Texans roster in photos.